!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Sonmel  (Read 21943 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Sonmel
« Reply #435 on: August 08, 2018, 09:13:47 am »
I forgot to say earlier that the row of cottages are a slightly modified Ratio kit.

Thank you, Keith. I thought they looked better than the DORNAPLAS terrace houses which are, to me, too narrow. However, the Dornaplas windows are better than the plastic Ratio ones. Anyway, thanks for the colour scheme inspiration.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #436 on: August 10, 2018, 05:31:14 pm »
I forgot to say earlier that the row of cottages are a slightly modified Ratio kit.

Doh!  :doh: they are a highly modified Ratio kit - the only Ratio parts are the gutters and downpipes! The kit is a Kestrel kit.  :sorrysign:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #437 on: August 10, 2018, 06:10:08 pm »

Doh!  :doh: they are a highly modified Ratio kit - the only Ratio parts are the gutters and downpipes! The kit is a Kestrel kit.  :sorrysign:

Thank you, Keith. The Ratio gutters and drainpipes are much better than those supplied in other kits. I have a stockpile of them spraypainted black ready to use.

The Kestrel windows (unless you carefully file the window bars to make them thinner) and drainpipes are rather crude. I have / had some Kestrel building kits (houses, shops) but may have passed them on, as I did the ones already made and painted I once had. The Ratio brass windows and doors are a big improvement. However, the Dornaplas plastic doors (in particular) and windows (both available separately and which I have also stockpiled and spraypainted ready to use, are also good. I bought their signalbox just for the LSWR pattern stairs.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here