Let me know if it still pesters you for login information or if it is instantly viewable now.
It's instantly viewable, Phillip, but still asks me to log in to Google.
Being a computer numpty myself, could you PM me simple instructions as to how to add my 2 layouts to the map please?
So unfortunately in order to add locations it seems you have to be logged in. Anyone who doesn't have access to a google account should PM me the following information:
1. Layout Name
2. Layout locations (this can be coordinates or a rough description including the nearest town and preferably the county)
3. A VERY brief description including the approximate dates and the company/companies modeled.
4. A link to a photograph of the layout, if desired.
Anyone who DOES have access to a google account should follow these steps to posting a location:
1. Click on https://goo.gl/maps/X7K5tnqbhRv
2. Click on the blue edit button on the left-hand side above the list of places.
3. Either searching in the bar at the top of the map or clicking and zooming, find the location you wish to mark.
4. Click on the "Add Marker" icon, which is located below the search bar, between the picture of the hand and the incomplete triangle, and has a picture of the same markers used on the map (somewhat like an inverted teardrop).
5. At this point the marker should appear and a little box with it that will say "Point ##," which you should change to your layout name. Below this is a small box for describing your layout (include dates and companies/regions if possible). There is also a camera icon in the bottom right hand corner of this box which you can click to add a link to a picture of your layout. When you are finished, select SAVE, and your layout is marked on the map!
Hope this helps!!!!