!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Modified Peco Signal Box Kit  (Read 2504 times)

Online Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Modified Peco Signal Box Kit
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 04:55:39 pm »
Hi all,

Basic painting and weathering of the box is now complete. Stairs and detailing still to be done...

Online Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Modified Peco Signal Box Kit
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 01:34:21 pm »
Stairs have been cobbled together using Plastruct stairs, micro strip, plasticard and some Slaters brick sheet. The photo cruley shows up the mismatch between the Slaters and Peco brick as well as the slight misalignment of the stairs - I might have a go at redoing these in the future using an etch. However for the moment they will serve. Stairs are not yet attached to the box and a slight amount of fettling is required to get everything sitting level. The base is simply a couple of layers of 0.75mm ABS sheet with a hole cut into the top layer to accept rodding etc (when I think I'm insane enough to tackle this!). The base has simply been painted with Tamiya 'Earth Brown' which was subsequently attacked with some Humbrol 'Soot' weathering powders.

I think I'm going to have to make some kind of plinth for the brick stair support to sit on....

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything