!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: East Lancashire lines  (Read 141388 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: East Lancashire lines
« Reply #1905 on: October 20, 2018, 08:06:29 pm »
Thanks for the update Chris and Iím pleased that your wife is continuing to improve.
Hopefully sheíll get better as time progresses.
In the meantime, take care and take life as it comes.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1906 on: October 20, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »
Please give Susan our best wishes and tell her to keep up the good work i.e. no ciggies.
I used to smoke about 14 a day and it cost me £2500 a year in money terms alone. Think what a great holiday you could have!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #1907 on: October 21, 2018, 09:55:43 am »
Thanks for the update Chris and Iím pleased that your wife is continuing to improve.
Hopefully, sheíll get better as time progresses.
In the meantime, take care and take life as it comes.

Seconded, Chris. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you have plenty to do on the layout but are well-prepared. I hope that you're able to complete your work on the 'Black Five', some of my favourite LMS locos., along with the Jinties and Ivatt 2-6-2Ts.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #1908 on: October 21, 2018, 12:13:15 pm »
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the update and it is good to hear your better half is improving daily. Carry on giving her the TLC she deserves. Look forward to hearing how you get on with your Black 5 when you get around to it.
Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #1909 on: November 04, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »
Well hi everyone, I have still not got round to the Black 5 yet, having a few other problems at the moment. A couple of weeks ago I woke up on the Sunday morning to find myself dizzy which lasted all day. I had been playing a computer game the night before so put it down to that. I was due for a blood check at the doctors on the Monday morning and the dizzy spells had eased so I walked down to the doctors for that ok. Tuesday I was back to were I started but left it too late to ring the doctors. Wednesday morning I got in the doctors, she checked me over and told me it was Vertigo and gave me some pills which have eased it.She also told me the results of my blood tests and told me they are ok. I am a lot better but it has not gone completely,the odd dizzy spell if I bend down quick, so its keep taking the pills, its only two weeks so I should give it time.

By the way my good wife is coming on fine and is gradually building her confidence up, she has been out on her own a couple of times now, had her hair done etc. She has had her teeth done has well, but I better not say to much about that or I will be in trouble, I think I mentioned it before and got told off...he..he.

The railway, well I do not fancy installing the Zimo chip which means soldering on the Black five at the moment I will leave that for now. I intend to make a start on the Station building, I bought the kit ages ago so its lying there waiting to be built. I want to install the canopies on the platforms but I am worried it will inhibit access to the platforms for any more work. So I am trying to think of a way to fit them and make them removable. One of them also needs painting and one needs repairing, so plenty to do for now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:10:05 pm by lil chris »
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1910 on: November 04, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »
Take things easy Chris and donít overdo things.
And....good news re Mrs Chris. Hopefully she continues to improve and regain her confidence.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1911 on: November 04, 2018, 09:50:42 pm »
Seconded!  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1912 on: November 04, 2018, 09:52:26 pm »
Take things easy Chris and donít overdo things.
And....good news re Mrs Chris. Hopefully, she continues to improve and regain her confidence.

Seconded! Do look after yourselves, Chris.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1913 on: November 04, 2018, 10:07:05 pm »
Thanks for the update, Chris. I hope you and Susan are well on the road to recovery very soon.

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1914 on: November 04, 2018, 11:17:48 pm »
Thanks guys, to be honest happy it was only vertigo, worried it was something else more serious with all the pressure under recently but all ok, keeping fit has paid dividends. Crawled under the baseboard to get to my model kit box and went dizzy for a sec or two but ok. The kit is on the desk now ready for building so I will make a start on that tomorrow.
Lil Chris

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1915 on: November 05, 2018, 10:14:03 am »
Thanks guys, to be honest happy it was only vertigo, worried it was something else more serious with all the pressure under recently but all ok, keeping fit has paid dividends. Crawled under the baseboard to get to my model kit box and went dizzy for a sec or two but ok. The kit is on the desk now ready for building so I will make a start on that tomorrow.

I'm glad that it's only vertigo, Chris. It sounded like low blood pressure to me (better than high blood pressure, of course).

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1916 on: November 06, 2018, 10:18:16 pm »
Hello everyone a good day today, for a start I have not been dizzy at all today, no headaches or anything, first time for two weeks. Me and the wife started the day by going to visit her father then a bite to eat and then we had a nice walk at local beauty spot. After tea up to the den and some work with a Ratio station building kit, the four outer walls and the corner stones. I will let that dry now ready for a undercoat,I am not rushing this kit. I have also made a start on tidying the loft and making room for my new tv aerial, the aerial is in the way at the moment in the centre of my layout. Pics to follow when I have something worth posting.

Ps I have treated the wife to some clothes and for myself I have bought a new snooker cue, its only one of those Chinese ones you can get from Amazon, I think its better than my old one. My old cue was 40+ years old and it was a cheap when I bought it, I only recently put a new tip on it, the tip must have been on 30 years....lol.

Lil Chris

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1917 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »
Hello everyone, I have started a new project on the layout, been feeling guilty lately having not done much with whats been going on. I am ok now no dizzy spells since last Tuesday, I have stopped taking the pills now so will see how that goes, I have some left I can take if it returns.
Regarding the layout the rh corner section is supported by a home made trestle, the station section is self supporting with its own legs. The viaduct section leading too the corner is fixed to the fiddleyard section which is self supporting and then has a pair of legs at were it joins the corner section which are held in place with dowels. I have decided that this is a bit rubbish to be polite, the intention now is too make a corner cupboard unit to support the corner section and the end of the viaduct section, plus I gain some more storage space. Also eliminating the need for the trestle and the pair of legs, which fall down every time I need to dissemble the corner section. I have bought some more wood and intend to use the posts from the legs and trestle. I have also bought some more adjustable feet , from Station Road Baseboards, to put on the corners to make it easy to get the height correct. Good service has usual from Station Road Baseboards and good price too. A few pics showing the existing setup, sorry about the mess, that's one of the reasons for doing this, by the way I have started work on the station building, the 4 outer walls of the main building and I have painted them with Halfords grey primer, so plenty going on at the moment.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:03:19 pm by lil chris, Reason: correction »
Lil Chris

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1918 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:02 pm »
Thanks for the update, Chris. I'm glad you're feeling better and up to working on your layout and the station building, once more. I look forward to seeing the next update, in due course.

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1919 on: November 10, 2018, 09:31:32 pm »
Thanks Chris, its going to be fun, I am planning on morse and tenon joints for the main build of the support cupboard, not done them since leaving school a long time ago. I have the tools though for the job, sharpened my chisels tonight ready for use, the fun begins.....
Lil Chris

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here