!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Fleischmann Piccolo Turntable 9152c  (Read 1931 times)

Offline hawkmoth

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Fleischmann Piccolo Turntable 9152c
« on: November 27, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »
Does anyone know the voltage/current specification for the two power feeds to this turntable?

From my understanding from the operating instructions sheet, I believe it should be :

Black & white wires [rotary switch] = 14 volts / 0-3.2 Amps transformer (A.C.)

Yellow wires [turntable] = 16.5 volts / 0-2.73 Amps transformer (A.C.)

These are provided normally by the "trafo" [german] or transformer 6811 (which I got in my starter set) which has two secondary outputs (A.C.), as above.

Stupid question probably but I guess I can just plug the relevant wires from the turntable directly into this transformer? I didn't want to try it and then blow the thing up!

any help appreciated
thanks
Steve

Offline poliss

• Awards
Re: Fleischmann Piccolo Turntable 9152c
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »
The output seems to be compatible, but may not be powerful enough if you're running anything else at the same time. At least that's my understanding after Bablefishing some German forums.
I would contact Fleischmann directly for advice.

Online Oldman

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
Will post diagrams and instructions when I have scanned them.  May be a couple of days to sort out.
Managed to pick up FOC the english version of their ring binder full of instructions for connecting stuff DC and to their DCC controller, and loads of other info.
Now modelling in several scales

Offline hawkmoth

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »
Thanks guys.

I already found the "operating instructions" online ("9152c Drehscheibe")

http://www.modelbanen.eu/Manualer/web/Fleischmann%20drejeskive%20manual.PDF

These instructions have good diagrams and english translation at the back.

But the info related to the operating voltages/currents seems unclear.

As poliss mentions, power maybe an issue if you are feeding several circuits including the actual track from the same transformer.

But to buy an extra transformer is not cheap. I know Fleischmann have a power booster unit which you can buy but I am not sure what this then gives you in terms of total power.

I've heard about these power buses which people seem to use in their layouts to place feeds every few feet around different parts of the layout or track, but I guess this would even need a power booster if the load is too high? I guess I'll find out as I go along...

Oldman, what do you mean by "FOC"?

Online Oldman

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
Thanks guys.

Oldman, what do you mean by "FOC"?

Free Of Charge.
What I got is their Model Railway book  number 9957 from their stand at the Gaugemaster open day this year. Saw it next to a pile of give aways and was looking at some of the track plans for idea's. Asked the guy running the stand if they were free and he said Yes so I took it.

Offline hawkmoth

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »
Hi Oldman

Ok thanks, d'oh!

If this book you acquired is so full of great info, I am surprised Fleischmann have not released it somehow, or maybe they have and I just haven't seen it. It sounds like the sort of thing they could put on a pdf file on the internet.

If you are able to share it with us, that would be great but don't spend ages on it!

cheers
Steve

Online Oldman

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »
Hi Oldman

Ok thanks, d'oh!

If this book you acquired is so full of great info, I am surprised Fleischmann have not released it somehow, or maybe they have and I just haven't seen it. It sounds like the sort of thing they could put on a pdf file on the internet.

If you are able to share it with us, that would be great but don't spend ages on it!

cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,
It's an A4 size ring binder, over 100 full colour pages. some are A3 size
The version I have is in english but the front cover is German and looking at it could be pre take over.
Stated "Piccolo" N on the cover.  Some track plans show 5 controllers  and give full parts list and wiring diagrams.
Think scanning/converting to PDF would be something for a computer expert to do. - something I am not.

Offline hawkmoth

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »
That's fine Oldman, no problem as I have located one to purchase, part number is FLE909957 and is currently 8.99 from Ontracks. So I have ordered one! Thanks for letting me know about this, as I didn't know it existed.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 1
Total Receipts: £110.00
Above Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP
200% 
April Donations

anything