!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Georgemas Junction  (Read 23146 times)

Offline Mito

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Georgemas Junction
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2016, 09:31:40 pm »
Lovely set of photos and a very realistic layout. :thumbsup:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2016, 10:18:53 pm »
 :greatpicturessign: :thumbsup:

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2016, 11:51:12 pm »
Wot all them said  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Ashio

• N Gauge Society Number: 26359
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »
looking really special there, love the photo's. perfectly happy for you to spam this thread with them  :smiley-laughing:

Really liking the newer Farish cattle wagons also, bought one the other day for 10 off ebay as I have loads of the older peco ones and wondered if the extra money (14ish) of the new round of pre-orders was worth it.....I am leaning towards a rsounding yes as they are just more detailed and have a nice clean streamlined appearance about them.
Berescombe - 1930's fictional GWR build: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=31337.0

Offline STEVE44

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26049
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »
Hi, just had a look at the last lot of photo`s really good modelling . It feels like you are standing in that field watching them go by. Keep them coming. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Steve44

Offline jennarivo

• Awards
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2016, 08:18:55 pm »
Excellent.

Can I ask, what make is the footbridge?

Sorry, thought I'd responded to this. 

It's a kit by Lochgorm models and a right pain to put together.  Looks good when finished though, especially when strategically photo'd to hide any mistakes.......

Offline jennarivo

• Awards
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2016, 08:23:58 pm »
Update time.

Well the summer is now over and I've achieved very little on the layout itself over the last few months, I have however been squeezing in some kit building/re-paints.  I've had a few NGS wagon kits lying around for some time now along with a number of wagons in a livery which didn't quite fit my time period.  So I decided to make the most of my time while the layout was stored in a cupboard and what seemed like an endless stream of guests occupied the railway room.

I've also been putting some thought into automatic uncoupling systems.  I had originally been intending to utilise Dapol's (not so) easi-shunts on all stock until it became apparent the the delayed action didn't really work on bogie stock let alone short wagons.  As a result of this I'm still using them on passenger stock for now but have begun installing S&Ws on everything else.

Anyway, some pics of progress.

Some of the newly built / repainted wagons on uncoupling trials.  The stiffeners on the Peco ferry wagons in the first pic really are awful, I wasn't sure if it would warp sides if i removed them so I opted not to, I'll have to find a suitable load so they are hidden from view.

The same rake this time alongside the loading dock.  Still some needing buffers and couplings painted.

26013 arriving from the south with the daily freight, like the passenger services this would also be split/joined/shunted at Georgemas into Thurso and Wick portions.  Some wagons would also terminate at Georgemas.

An unidentified 26 looks like it's ready to head south with a short freight, however it can't because someone has neglected to fit S&Ws to a brake van yet.

cheers
Shaun

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2016, 08:28:20 pm »
Thanks for the latest pics, Shaun :thumbsup:

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2016, 01:18:41 am »
Looking better and better.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2016, 06:24:46 am »
Thanks for the update.
It's looking better all the time.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2016, 08:07:04 am »
Thanks for the latest update. Excellent photos. of superb scenery and a very realistic rake of vans. I really must try some NGS (and other) wagon and van kits, next year. (However, I already have far too many RTR goods stock models as it is.)

Offline jennarivo

• Awards
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2016, 05:47:38 pm »
Thanks for the latest update. Excellent photos. of superb scenery and a very realistic rake of vans. I really must try some NGS (and other) wagon and van kits, next year. (However, I already have far too many RTR goods stock models as it is.)

Thanks - can you ever have too many?

Offline jennarivo

• Awards
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2017, 11:46:59 am »
It's been a good while since the last update - the best part of a year.  In that time I've bought and renovated another flat which I finally finished in June and have moved a tenant in.  This month has mainly been taken up with the usual influx of visitors although I did manage to set up the layout and do a bit of work for a few days in between visits.

It's not really obvious from the pic below but the pillars of the road bridge have been considerably widened after it was quite rightly pointed out that they were much too thin.  I've also added some plants and bushes alongside the platform, which going by the pictures I have of the actual location disappeared in the very early seventies, I just felt that the fence looked a bit chunky when there on its own.

A couple of, not quite finished, engineers vans sit in the bay platform awaiting their next tour of duty.  I started working on these about a year ago and they are my first attempts at repaints.  The mess van is an NGS Stove R repainted in black livery and the CCT was originally in engineers red although it was just too bold in colour so I stripped it back and repainted it in a more faded, and hopefully realistic,  condition.

Same as above in B&W, I can't quite remember where the hand cart came from, although I do recall it being very well designed and easy to construct.

I should manage to get the layout set-up again over the next week or so.  I intend to re-lay the fiddle yard track as I didn't make a great job of it initially nor did I make best use of the available space.  I've also been working on a few NGS wagon kits that I picked up at the Glasgow show in February.

That's all for now, hopefully back with more in the very near future.

cheers
Shaun

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2017, 03:55:18 pm »
Great pics, Shaun.
Thanks for the update.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2017, 04:48:54 pm »
Many thanks, Shaun, for another excellent set of photos.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here