!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Class 950 - ex Class 150.  (Read 5922 times)

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Class 950 - ex Class 150.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 07:05:54 pm »
Congratulations on your bashing skills, Chris. Some most unusual stuff there :thumbsup:

Thanks mate.  I like to make the more unusual stock.  :)

Nice work Chris... :thumbsup:
Looks like a big job just broke out there....

Yes, they heard the Area Manager was on the way, so tea-break was held off until after lunch and tiffin!  :smiley-laughing:

Very good looking job there tank, i love that in one of those main photos there was more out of the ordinary stock than you would see on 5 layouts,,,,,,,

:D  Thanks Fratton!  As I said above, I like to have the unusual stock laying around.  One thing I've always liked with railways are the sidings full of old stock, and their many uses.

Ok from a dinosaur , it certainly looks the buisiness. You should enter it into the n gauge modelling competition. It looks like a winner. Pity it doesn't have a tender and a nice chimney.........

I appreciate the compliment about winning a competition. :thumbsup:  Not my cup of tea though, as it's too much faff to send it to the NGS and get it back again.  :)  Although it would be nice to have something on glossy paper....  Maybe in the future!  :D

Nice on to Tank and Adam (Electra). I was contemplating a similar conversion myself only in the new yellow livery.

I know Adam already has the Network Rail version ready, so go for it.  It would be good to see someone elses effort. :thumbsup:

Nice one Chris :thumbsup: The prototype was in Norwich today but couldn't get to see it as I was at work. It had left by the time I finished :thumbsdown:

That's a shame Chris.  How did you know it was there?  You seem to find out about all of these wonderful trains coming past your way, but I haven't a clue! ??? :D

Offline Chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 20957
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • YouTube
    • My layout photos on Flickr
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 10:54:46 pm »
Quote from: Tank
That's a shame Chris.  How did you know it was there?  You seem to find out about all of these wonderful trains coming past your way, but I haven't a clue! ??? :D

I'm on a couple of Yahoo groups called Anglia Gen and East Coast Gen which cover all sorts of train movements around East Anglia including to and from Norwich. That is where I tend to get most of my info for my railway photos and videos but now that I'm increasing my hours at work it's getting more difficult to get to see the rarer workings now. :thumbsdown:

Offline Rheneas N Gauge

• Trade Count: (-1)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 12:56:45 am »
nice to see one of them modeled and i like the details you have put on it well done  :thumbsup:

Offline Anthony Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18392
    • Facebook
    • My website
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 08:24:54 pm »
Tank, where did you get the camera/lights from?

Tony

Offline Tank

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 09:23:48 pm »
It's a secret.   :smiley-laughing:  The camera is just a rectangular piece of thick plasticard that I filed two angles on to get the right look.  The lights are the simply two pieces of 2.5mm insulated wire that you'd use for the plug sockets in your house.  I found it easy to bend, and the insulation was easy to file down to give the effect of the lights surround.

Hope that helps.

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 08:38:10 pm »
Hi Tank,

If you don't fancy entering the NGS competition how about writting an article on your conversion?

Alex

Offline Tank

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »
I could do....I just don't feel it's good enough.  I'll put something together and send an email to someone.  Thanks for the idea!  :)

Offline nng89

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 07:15:49 am »
hi mate i want to change my 150 into a network rail 950 but there are no links on the website how do i get one.

Online captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:47 am »
Drop an e-mail to adam.warr@ntlworld.com  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP