!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My second Minitrix U28C  (Read 710 times)

Offline grahame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • British exPat in Houston, Texas
    • Awards
My second Minitrix U28C
« on: May 12, 2015, 12:28:22 pm »
As I mentioned before the Minitrix U28C seems very unpopular in the USA. I saw this one up on eBay for a "Buy it Now" at 19.27 but also had place a bid.

Well I thought I would have a shot at bidding. I put in 13.50, a bit low but what the heck, I had time to change it. Well in less than 5 mins I had an acceptance!!! So once again a real bargain and very inexpensive postage (some people really don't do that). The photo above is not the actual one, the seller's photos were very poor (good enough to check it out as in reasonable condition). Has a small amount of handrail missing. That is very common on these because you have to pick them up very carefully or you will crush the hand rail. Will report more later. Seller says it runs and light working. :D :laughabovepost:

My other one runs really nicely, took it apart the other day to solvent wash (pentane) the bogie in ultrasonic bath (amazing how much grot this cleans off), re-oil and clean the comutator.

This one was 8.50....

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=20457.msg209898#msg209898
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:31:35 pm by grahame »

Offline grahame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • British exPat in Houston, Texas
    • Awards
Re: My second Minitrix U28C
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
This loco ran perfectly smooth straight out of the box. How can I ask more than that. very pleased with it. :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything