!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 45xx Batches  (Read 2987 times)

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: 45xx Batches
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 01:52:16 pm »
I remember George proudly allowing one of the prototypes/samples to run on my continental layout, and saying it was x hundred thousand pounds worth.

Somewhere I've got one that spent 4 days hauling a bunch of blood'n'custards on the huge multi-society modular system at Stuttgart the year Dapol had a stand out there  (must have been 2006?)    I seem to recall I had to get a new motor for it, but I acquired it , the coaches, and another 45xx for a pittance at the end of the show.

The coaches are ok, but to be honest the locos didn't impress me much in terms of quality of manufacture and running.  I think they surface once every couple of years or so when I go through my small crate of British N and run everything "to stir the oil" and remind myself what I have.      Easily outclassed by my continental models I'm afraid.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online longbow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
Re: 45xx Batches
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:18 pm »
The running issues you mention are well known so it is good to know that they can be tamed by DCC conversion. I have the offer of a DCC compatible model (ND019) - were there any material improvements in subsequent batches?

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here