!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: MERG –shopping list?  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Dr.Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: MERG –shopping list?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »

The SD2-4 has logic built in which allows it to show the correct aspects using very few wires so for example to get the correct aspects showing on my 3 aspect signals I use two outputs from my CAN_ACC8. If using the CAN_ACC8 then you would need an individual output for each LED.

So by using the SD2-4 in conjunction with the Can_ACC8 I can get a 4 aspect signal for 2 outputs from CAN-ACC8. (4 aspects in total)

If I use CAN-ACC8 by itself I have to use 1 output per LED so would only get two aspects?

Have you got any links for things you've done with this Paul?

Cheers
Rob

Offline rhysapthomas

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 02:47:55 pm »
I don't want to muddy the waters as I have never used the signal driver but it does have 3 inputs but I assume that in only required two inputs for a four aspect signal?

Have you looked at the Kit 82 the panel LED driver.  Although it is sold as a panel driver it can control 64 LEDs and they can be grouped so that a single CBUS command switches on or off a group of LEDs.  I have used this for two aspect singles running four signals only so far but it could cope with many more

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 03:49:16 pm »

The SD2-4 has logic built in which allows it to show the correct aspects using very few wires so for example to get the correct aspects showing on my 3 aspect signals I use two outputs from my CAN_ACC8. If using the CAN_ACC8 then you would need an individual output for each LED.

So by using the SD2-4 in conjunction with the Can_ACC8 I can get a 4 aspect signal for 2 outputs from CAN-ACC8. (4 aspects in total)

If I use CAN-ACC8 by itself I have to use 1 output per LED so would only get two aspects?

Have you got any links for things you've done with this Paul?

Cheers
Rob

Hi

Sorry I don't have any links but could probably knock something up.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Vonk

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 09:56:15 pm »
I am sure this may make matters worse but I was pointed towards Hans de loof when i was researching and mentioned MERG to someone.
http://users.telenet.be/deloof/

I havent used either MERG or Hans' equipment myself yet I am using Digitrax at the moment to get started but as I expand I want to try some bolt ons from him. They come highly recommended where ever I have read about them and they are mentioned on the MERG site
My layout thread - Blackstone

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here