!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

What do you think of this model?

Superb
4 (16%)
Good
18 (72%)
OK
3 (12%)
Poor
0 (0%)
Terrible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Graham Farish - Class 45's - Post 2000  (Read 3872 times)

Offline davidinyork

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish - Class 45's - Post 2000
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 04:15:18 pm »
Well, you learn something every day! I've got a very nice blue 45/1 which I bought on ebay a couple of years ago and which has splitbox noses. I knew that it had been repainted (to a very good standard) but didn't realise that the ends had been modified - I guess that they must be those Etched Pixels ones, then.

Offline oreamnos

• N Gauge Society Number: 17217
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 05:05:01 am »
I know that there have been several Peak variations produced, but have they ever done a splitbox version?

No. Etched Pixels (currently closed but hopefully re-opening soon) does a fold-up etch for the boxes, to modify a 44 into a split-box 45. Some filling is needed around the end doors, unless you want to model D11-D15 which has split boxes and end doors.
I have all the bits, and it's on my pile of things to do.
Regards,
Neil

Please note that if you use a 44 body for this conversion you'll end up with a mongrel body made up of split box 45 nose ends with the body side grilles of a 44.   The shape of the 44 side grilles is not same as the grilles on the 45s.  The central body side grille on the 45s (and 46s) is split into two equal halves and the radiator grille is clearly a rectangle, whereas the central grille on the 44s is longer than on the 45s and not split equally, and the radiator grille is almost (but not quite) a square.  See the picture below.  45 on the bottom, 44 on top.

Matt

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:08:46 am by oreamnos »

Offline nabber

• N Gauge Society Number: 21030
  • 2mm Association Number: 5295
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 09:14:24 am »
The shape of the 44 side grilles is not same as the grilles on the 45s.
Thanks - hadn't spotted that. Time for a slight re-think.
Regards,
Neil

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here