!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: James St-exhibition layout  (Read 11218 times)

Offline martyn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 5720
    • Awards
Re: James St-exhibition layout
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2018, 09:06:37 pm »
Hello again Chris;

the tram is missing its bell; we were opposite BH Enterprises at Southwold, and I jokingly asked Bob Tidsbury if he had just a bell-to which he replied 'of course', and promptly sold me one; he and Ray were quite pleased with the result of the tram model. When I get around to fitting the bell, Stuart can take a closer photo.....incidently, as a GER enthusiast, I think the tram kit is a cross breed of the 6 wheel J70 and the 4 wheeled Y6. In keeping with that, mine runs on a Farish 4 wheeled DMU motor bogie, but is numbered into the J70 series, as they were longer lived than the Y6s! The livery in BR days was black all over on the J70s, as per my model, but I think the Y6s body was brown/wood, as per 'Toby'.

I did do a thread on building the ferry vans;

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=35312.msg413062#msg413062

If you PM me, I'll try and answer any ponts you would like me to clarify.

Paul Cheffus has also built some exquisite Belgian vans, with photos on the Forum.

HTH

martyn

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: James St-exhibition layout
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2018, 04:40:36 pm »
Many thanks, Martyn. That is very helpful.

Maybe the NGS can be persuaded to commission an RTR BR Ferry Van (VIX) and offer its chassis, separately, too?

I did not know about Paul Cheffus's Belgian vans.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here
anything