Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A 3rd rail idea  (Read 388 times)

Offline Fratton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23974
  • 2mm Association Number: 4766
    • Facebook
    • Awards
A 3rd rail idea
« on: November 26, 2014, 03:06:23 am »
A while back i wondered if a 3d printed version of the oo gauge 3rd rail insulator pots to replace the need for cutting lots of insulated rail joiners was possible, but while browsing the forums and clicking the ad banners i accidentally stumbled on an alternative

sprayed white and trimmed a little at the sides these would look just as good and with a drilled hole in the sleeper to glue them in they would be less prone to popping off as insulated rail joiners do when put under any stress, and 12 sprues for 3.60 they don't break the bank either

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
Re: A 3rd rail idea
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:33 am »
And code 40 rail is easier to bend to follow the track as well as looking better since the conductor rails are normally lighter than the running rails.

Good idea.  :idea:
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: A 3rd rail idea
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:49:06 pm »
I messaged Wayne about possibly creating the insulator chairs, but I didn't hear back.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
March Donations

Advertise Here