!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Help with building a 323 and a 304 EMU  (Read 8280 times)

Offline lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: Help with building a 323 and a 304 EMU
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2018, 09:25:01 pm »
That looks very good and very similar to the class 504's which run on the Manchester and Bury line. The line is still going but the 504's are well gone now replaced by Metrolink trams. I was modeling a section of the track on my old model, which was called Radcliffe North, and wanted to model the 3rd rail, which would have been difficult. The 3rd rail was encased in wood, it was originally laid by the L&Y railway. I have noticed in Model Rail magazine this month someone has suggested the 304 and 504 has wanted models, we shall see what happens. I went to a model railway show a few years ago and someone had modeled a 504 but it was in 00 gauge, I think the model was of Bacup, further down the line than Bury, now the East Lancashire Railway and the 504's stopped at Bury and diesel dmu's went to Bacup, I remember my dad taking me on them and changing at Bury.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:29:13 pm by lil chris »
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations