!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: German Train set style name to be decided  (Read 497 times)

Offline 60156 Great Central

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
German Train set style name to be decided
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:52:45 pm »
 :sorrysign:

I Feel quite embarrassed coming back to a German layout after moving all my previous German Stock on but after TINGS and continuing frustration with the lack of BR Southern Region Stock actually available at this time I have taken the decision to have a go at a German Trainset style layout with Wythirde awaiting its stock.

here is my intended trackplan created in AnyRail:

It is on a 120cm x 60 cm board using Fleischmann track as I like the ballast effect on this track but I have run into a problem when using 22263 remote right hand turnouts I cannot find a straight of an equivalent length to equal out the track and avoid using Flexi-track.

I hope to start myself off with this set: Fleischmann 931405 - N Scale (FM931405) DR BR115 Digital Freight Starter Set IV (DCC-Fitted)

http://www.lamarking.hu/_motor_/images_aruk/vm-images/1/2/fleischmann-fleischmann-931405-digitalis-kezdokeszlet-dizelmozdony-br-115-tehervonattal-dr-e4-multimaus-vezerlovel.jpg

which Gaugemaster have listed as out of stock but available to order. Hopefully I can get one  :uneasy:

I have had another tinker with AnyRail 5 again and have come up with this:

No Flexi Track and straights the same length as the points  :claphappy:

How hard would building this to a DCC usability level be?

Any help appreciated :)  :NGaugersRule:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:49:48 pm by 60156 Great Central »

Offline Raymond

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: German Train set style name to be decided
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:11 am »
:sorrysign:

I Feel quite embarrassed coming back to a German layout

using Fleischmann track as I like the ballast effect on this track but I have run into a problem when using 22263 remote right hand turnouts I cannot find a straight of an equivalent length to equal out the track and avoid using Flexi-track.

Nothing wrong with a German layout  8)

The 22263 right hand turn is a non ballasted turnout iirc?
I like sitting in my hottub with a beer or two…...

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything