!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Aberayron to Pencader  (Read 20382 times)

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
Re: Aberayron to Pencader
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2018, 09:03:34 pm »
That's nice!  :thumbsup:

I'm desperately trying to behave and not buy any more locos ...  :censored: ... :'(

Dave G

Offline Train Waiting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2018, 09:04:40 am »
Agreed. Great service from Colin deserving of applause :claphappy:

Yes, without a doubt: :claphappy:.

I have always been very impressed with Union Mills: both the service and the products.  That's what inspired me to have another shot at British 'N' gauge.

No. 2516 is a lovely locomotive; I hope it brings you much pleasure.

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2018, 08:29:26 pm »
Many thanks for the updates. The scenery is looking really good but those signals are amazing. I'd never heard of the manufacturer. Do they only make GWR signals.

As lovely as the UM model locos. are, they look even better with some simple detailing and detail painting. 8-)

The buildings are coming along well but I'd recommend buying white metal or plastic chimney tops / pots pieces rather than use the cardboard chimney pots.

Offline LAandNQFan

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: October 02, 2018, 11:29:15 am »
I'd almost forgotten I'd posted those pictures, Chris!
To get an idea of what Greenmax do you could look at
https://www.google.com/search?q=greenmax+signals&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiLgun0w-fdAhWKLMAKHYbVDZ0QsAR6BAgAEAE&biw=1920&bih=1005
and there is a link to the Greenmax thread on the forum with the pictures (previous page)  of those I made.
I still can't find the loco crews which I painted last December and had to put away "safe" when my modelling space was needed.  As a result, any work on my UM engines has stalled in frustration.  >:(
The chimney pots aren't ideal - they are lengths of styrene rod - but the cost and size of commercial pots weren't to my liking!
I'll try to post some pictures of scenery development soon.
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2018, 07:58:16 pm »
Many thanks for the reply. I had not realised that the signals were the Japanese ones. They are amazingly close to British ones and GWR ones in particular. I'm wondering if I could convert them to SR ones?

With roofs so visible in 2mm Scale, its well worth the extra effort to get the chimneys and, in particular, the chimney pots right, especially when the rest of the buildings is looking very good. I'm looking forward to the next scenery update of this very attractive layout.

Sorry to read about your missing loco. crew. They will turn up when you're looking for something else!

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here