!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (36.3%)
No I wouldn't
78 (45.6%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 283591 times)

Online Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #2280 on: April 09, 2018, 10:58:22 pm »
... We are sending them out in the order that orders were placed ....

order #133 placed when plan B became active and I got to the order page... it must already be posted out (based on the pendo bingo), although the webpage still shows as not processed...  where is it, where, when is the wait over? :adhd_like_pacing_around:

Now I've posted this, I totally expect it to arrive tomorrow, HYPE.

If you have not had an email from Mike (Red_Death) its not had the paperwork checked yet and will therefore not have been posted.  The only posting day last week was Friday as Ben was away on business, and he was away over the weekend so no further progress I suspect.

I've received both of my Pendolinos BUT haven't received an email and the order status is still 'Processing'. The first I knew about them being posted was when the Parcel Force guy knocked on the door and then a day later the postie did the same. 

The 9 car unit was sent by Royal Mail and the 11 car unit by Parcel Force.

I guess you have some other persons models. (post a photo of them please)

If you take the time to read the Revolution website you will find this informative paragraph

"Order completion emails: we are slowly working through Pendolino orders (tidying up our database as we go).  We are trying to mark as complete any order – please note that where you have multiple orders for the same Pendolino set (eg deposit, balance and any extras such as postage, sound, light bars etc) that you will receive an Order Complete email for each order – your order will only have been despatched once all the relevant orders relating to a set have been marked as complete.
If you have not had an email from Mike (Red_Death) its not had the paperwork checked yet and will therefore not have been posted."

I got the correct two sets that I ordered with the correct packing slips inside. The info on the RevolutioN site is wrong.

@red_death

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2281 on: April 10, 2018, 07:30:43 am »
I have not received any emails but I have the three lovely Pendolinos which I ordered. All the orders show completed on my account. All are 11 car sets and arrived from Parcelforce. Can't see anything to get worked up about here.

Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #2282 on: April 10, 2018, 08:10:07 am »
Just did me usual trick and stuck me head into local newsagent on way to club.

I was in there ten minutes as I read the review of the Pendolino in Model Rail mag. Great review! Glowing, in fact.

Well done RevolutioN!

Sorry I didn't buy the mag, Ben  :D ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #2283 on: April 10, 2018, 08:29:20 am »

I guess you have some other persons models. (post a photo of them please)

If you take the time to read the Revolution website you will find this informative paragraph

"Order completion emails: we are slowly working through Pendolino orders (tidying up our database as we go).  We are trying to mark as complete any order – please note that where you have multiple orders for the same Pendolino set (eg deposit, balance and any extras such as postage, sound, light bars etc) that you will receive an Order Complete email for each order – your order will only have been despatched once all the relevant orders relating to a set have been marked as complete.
If you have not had an email from Mike (Red_Death) its not had the paperwork checked yet and will therefore not have been posted."

Sorry, are you an official Revolution spokesman?! Why are you demanding people post photos of their models?

They’ll arrive. People really need to chill out. Ben and Mike are working through a monstrous back log of orders, amalgamating payments and what not, whilst holding down full time jobs. Let’s cut them some slack. They’ve said they’ve not dispatched them all, ergo some people will still be waiting. There’s no need for “you’ve got the wrong model” stuff, nor any reason for hostility. Talk about ungrateful.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2284 on: April 10, 2018, 09:52:57 am »

They’ll arrive. People really need to chill out

And be civil to each other. The Pendos are in the country and it's only a matter of time before everyone has them. The only spokesmen for RevolutioN are Ben and Mike and I would suggest if anyone wants to bellyache then do it via their website and not through this forum. They have enough to do packing all those luvverley trains without answering individual moans on here.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #2285 on: April 10, 2018, 09:54:46 am »
Hear, hear!

Offline pape_timmo

• N Gauge Society Number: 23256
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2286 on: April 10, 2018, 10:39:43 am »
Hi guys,

I’ve had no emails from Ben or Mike, but I’ve received all 3 of my amazing Pendolinos, as ordered. I am hugely impressed with them, and enormously thankful to Ben, Mike and Rapido trains for making this all happen,and for such fantastic models..   :thankyousign:

Cheers, Timmo
There’s the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #2287 on: April 10, 2018, 11:24:28 am »
Folks

The info on our website is correct, but please note that we also have a backlog of orders that have gone out to mark as complete.  The email out is the flakiest part of our website and I suspect that the SMTP server it comes from either regularly falls over or is marked as spam.

Both Ben and I have been away from home for the last 3 or 4 days so we have more catching up to do.  Hopefully our next packing session will be this weekend, but it is all going to take time - we want them out as much as you want to receive them, but we can only do so many things at once!

Cheers, Mike

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #2288 on: April 10, 2018, 05:32:59 pm »
Just got my City of London from the post office.

It's a great train. Hope I can give it a run on Friday and post some photos.

Big thanks to Ben and Mike and everyone involved in this wonderful project.

Cheers,
Michael

:NGaugersRule:

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #2289 on: April 10, 2018, 08:05:38 pm »
Me again :D
Couldn't wait till Friday. So after the children went to bed I gave it a run on the dining room table. I'm terribly impressed with its performance. Very smooth from the box.
Also, reading the manual is so much fun. Well done.

Cheers,
Michael (unashamedly playing trains  :D )

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2290 on: April 13, 2018, 09:37:40 pm »
So, having set up at Luton for tomorrow's exhibition, would my Pendo run  :worried: ?

The file had to come out to ease a tight spot on the transition curves to the traverser, but no real problems!

Cheers Jon  :)
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #2291 on: April 14, 2018, 12:11:13 am »
Cool!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline ECMLfan

• Awards
« Reply #2292 on: April 14, 2018, 12:17:35 am »
I just had a call from Canada and they told me the last batch of Pendolinos had arrived at the office. If you have ordered directly from Rapido then your sets will be shipped by the end of the month.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #2293 on: April 14, 2018, 08:47:55 am »
So, having set up at Luton for tomorrow's exhibition, would my Pendo run  :worried: ?

That's going to be popular, Jon!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #2294 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:30 am »
Wahey!!!
My Poppylino has arrived this morning. All looks to be extremely well packed.
A very minor carp is the 4 packs each containing 2 wheelsets were not in the pack but loose. However, it looks like there's room to trim out some foam at the top of the box containing 5 coaches and I think it would be better to keep everything together.
Having bought a DCC sound one but it will be running on DC, I'm off to read the manual.
More to follow...............

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything