!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (36.7%)
No I wouldn't
76 (45%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 270910 times)

Offline Only Me

• Reader Of The Manual
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Creator of Minature Masterpieces
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #2790 on: August 16, 2018, 10:17:39 pm »
Hi @golden oldie Ben is currently on holiday im afraid which is why you wouldnt have received a reply from him unfortunately... I cannot comment why the designated RAPIDO Support Agent hasnt replied to you though.   Have you sent this Simon chap a mail through the email channels as per the Pendolino Instruction book?

Offline Jonny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21937
  • Hartley and Dale End. wartime LNER
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2791 on: August 16, 2018, 10:37:50 pm »
Well another month has gone by and still nowhere nearer getting my problem solved.

I did send a Forum personal message to Simon on the 1st August asking for an update but no response. I also sent a Forum personal message to Ben suggesting I could come to TINGS and we could swap the wrong power car for the right one,  but no response.

I am sure if I was putting an order in to buy something else at Revolution I would get a reply then.

Revolution say there are not many unhappy customers but if that is the case how come it's taking so long to sort out the "not many problems"? 

It's just very, very poor customer service when the company won't even communicate with you.

For all those members that have nothing wrong with their Pendolino saying "give them time", don't you think 6 months is long enough for a simple exchange - not even a repair?!

Well we will see if this sparks any sort of response yet again, but I wont hold my breath.

Barry

Barry

Your not alone in still waiting to get a pendolino that runs after 6 months. Donít hold your breath about service agent as I had the same problem then excuses and lies. It took contacting Rapido in Canada to finally and hopefully get somewhere. All you get this side of the pond is fobbed off and told to wait
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

Offline Jonny

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2792 on: August 16, 2018, 10:39:41 pm »
And Iím still awaiting the refund of sending it back for so called repair which I donít suppose Iíll ever see

Offline rr@shmm

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2793 on: August 16, 2018, 10:48:39 pm »
Hi,

I have replied to Barry direct.

Online golden oldie

• Awards
« Reply #2794 on: August 16, 2018, 11:32:28 pm »
Hi all.  I have made some progress.....
Barry

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #2795 on: Yesterday at 12:07:48 pm »
Apologies for the quick post as replying on a mobile.

Jonny - I'm not aware of you having asked us for a post refund. Send me an email to the support@ email in the manual and I will sort early next week.

Golden Oldie - please let me know if you still need help.

As to why things take a while - the first Pendolinos were sent out in March so no one has been waiting 6 months, the spares were all sent to Canada by mistake which meant it was May (IIRC) before they got to the UK. Ben, Simon and I all do this part time - in Ben and my case not even part time but in our spare time for nothing. We are on a huge learning curve starting from zero with our first powered model and not just a simple model either.

As I've said previously that isn't an attempt to avoid responsibility but an explanation as to why sometimes things are taking longer than any of us would like. We want all our customers whether they have spent one pound or a thousand to be happy with their purchase.

Mike

Offline Jonny

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2796 on: Yesterday at 10:02:36 pm »
Apologies for the quick post as replying on a mobile.

Jonny - I'm not aware of you having asked us for a post refund. Send me an email to the support@ email in the manual and I will sort early next week.

Golden Oldie - please let me know if you still need help.

As to why things take a while - the first Pendolinos were sent out in March so no one has been waiting 6 months, the spares were all sent to Canada by mistake which meant it was May (IIRC) before they got to the UK. Ben, Simon and I all do this part time - in Ben and my case not even part time but in our spare time for nothing. We are on a huge learning curve starting from zero with our first powered model and not just a simple model either.

As I've said previously that isn't an attempt to avoid responsibility but an explanation as to why sometimes things are taking longer than any of us would like. We want all our customers whether they have spent one pound or a thousand to be happy with their purchase.

Mike

Mike

If it hadnít been for being directed to this thread last week by a friend because we were still experiencing issues and reading through it ,I would never of known about a refund as this was never offered to me by the service department
Nor when I emailed the address in the book and when in contact with Ben
Jon

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #2797 on: Yesterday at 10:49:00 pm »

Ben A stated that it was to come from Rapido Repairs

Rapido Repairs will reimburse postage; I don't know why this hasn't happened but I am sure if you contact them they will help.

« Last Edit: Today at 12:31:57 am by Lindi »

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #2798 on: Yesterday at 11:28:04 pm »
Hi @golden oldieHave you sent this Simon chap a mail through the email channels as per the Pendolino Instruction book?

That goes to Revolution Trains who then forward it onto Simon and it ends up in a black hole. The only response I received from Simon was through messaging him through this forum once he had joined

Offline Only Me

• Reader Of The Manual
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Creator of Minature Masterpieces
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #2799 on: Yesterday at 11:51:48 pm »
Hi @golden oldieHave you sent this Simon chap a mail through the email channels as per the Pendolino Instruction book?

That goes to Revolution Trains who then forward it onto Simon and it ends up in a black hole. The only response I received from Simon was through messaging him through this forum once he had joined

No Lindi, that email now automatically forwards to the Rapido repair agent

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here