!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato controller  (Read 5261 times)

Offline silverfox

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Kato controller
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 04:26:31 pm »
I've just picked up a used Kato controller on ebay as everyone seems to be out of stock at present.

I've got to say it's a supeb bit of kit. In the past I've used gaugemaster, trix, hornby and fleishmann controllers and for slow speed running this seems to beat the lot of them.

I agree with the others about the point switches they are excellent. I am also new to Kato and with the help of the forum members great advice  I went down the unitrack route and have been well impressed so far. (Thanks again guys)

For a reliable plug n play  track system I doubt you could do better :thumbsup:

Regards

Jason

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »
Give this guy a try... www.traintrax.co.uk Very similar prices to Hattons if not cheaper for certain items. I have spent a fair bit with him up to now :doh:

And I can also say what a fantastic track system Kato is. If you scroll through my thread, you can see what I am currently building.

Cheers, Anthony

TrainTrax have reduced their prices because of the pound/yen conversion rate and they also have a 10% off all prices deal - which tempted me to get a tram system  :oopssign:

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Offline Traintrax

• Advertiser
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11064
    • Ebay
    • TrainTrax
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »
The transformer for the Kato Controllers is being updated, but hopefully will be available soon.

It is amazing how popular this controller is, not only for use with Kato Unitrack but also  with other brands of track.

www.traintrax.co.uk

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »
The transformer for the Kato Controllers is being updated, but hopefully will be available soon.

www.traintrax.co.uk

Hello Keith,

Do you know if the update is purely the transformer or will there be additional function available on the controller?

Thank you - John.

Offline Traintrax

• Advertiser
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11064
    • Ebay
    • TrainTrax
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 07:55:52 pm »
Hello John

It is purely the transformer that is being updated, probably a directive from the EU :no:

www.TrainTrax.co.uk

Online 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:05 pm »
Give this guy a try... www.traintrax.co.uk Very similar prices to Hattons if not cheaper for certain items. I have spent a fair bit with him up to now :doh:

And I can also say what a fantastic track system Kato is. If you scroll through my thread, you can see what I am currently building.

Cheers, Anthony

TrainTrax have reduced their prices because of the pound/yen conversion rate and they also have a 10% off all prices deal - which tempted me to get a tram system  :oopssign:

Cheers Pengi, i order reguarly from Keith :thankyousign: Service is just fantastic. Currently awaiting some exciting items at the moment as I'm planning a fly over on Dusseldorf Sud from the slow lines, over the fast lines and onto a separate board altogether....Updates have been a little slow as of late but hoping to have some soon.

Cheers, Anthony

Cheers, Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Now proud owner of Airesby Colliery - An ex exhibition layout that will soon be back on the exhibition circuit, after a little TLC. Thread coming soon...

Next exhibition for SSA - Shrewsbury Model Railway Show - Saturday 20th October 2018

Offline ajc

• N Gauge Society Number: 2361
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 06:44:01 pm »
I bought the Unitram Starter Set in October 2012 with a Kato Controller and then bought a second Kato tram and controller as suggested by the instructions available in English from the Kato USA website. Once the Unitram points became available I extended my tramway layout to 7' x 2' with seven Unitram and 3 Unitrack electric points controlled with Kato point switches, five attached to each Kato controller. I now have a fleet of nine Kato trams, five Bachmann trams, two Arnold trams, one Modemo tram and one Tomytec tram plus a Kato Pocket Line Mini Convex Freight Train as a maintenance train. Warning: N gauge trams are addictive!
I was going to refurbish my N LMS/SR layout now I am retired but instead I started the tram layout. This layout which has Peco track and perished underlay and has been out of use since moving in 1984. I am looking to rebuild it with Kato Unitrack but I have not decided what DC controller to use. I have looked at the Gaugemaster Model D or Q or Combi with lifetime guarantee, the Morley Vesta or Vortrax for N gauge with a five year guarantee or the Kato Controller. I  have original Graham Farish early Poole 1970s locomotives up the latest Fairburn tank locomotive plus Dapol, Hornby Minitrix and Peco locomotives so I need a suitable controller for all these locomotive types. I would welcome suggestions for a suitable controller.
ajc

Offline Pengi

• Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »
Hi ajc,

There is a section on the forum dedicated to controller reviews and there is also stuff dotted about in other places on the forum  :). If you search for Morley etc you should find information that will be helpful to you

Offline drchips42

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »
My Kato controller now has 14 points linked to it , a 9 ft by 4 ft track single with 5 platform station a branch line and goods yard , it works very well !!

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »
My Kato controller now has 14 points linked to it , a 9 ft by 4 ft track single with 5 platform station a branch line and goods yard , it works very well !!

I like my Kato controllers as well, smooth control over speed  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Offline johnsom

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 07:01:38 pm »
Have complex(ish) yard (12 Switches) linked to Kato controller - works without any problems - very smooth speed control.

Offline Pengi

• Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 10:06:40 pm »
I find a rubber band helps to keep the switches together

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00