!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 161054 times)

Snowwolflair and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26722
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #3150 on: January 19, 2017, 09:39:58 am »
My Dad bought a new radio when I was young that had a big red zone marked on the tuning panel just for Radio Luxembourg, at 208 medium wave I think. My older brother would always have it tuned to it.

Also as a boy I had the 'Eagle' comic every week, and the 'Eagle Annual' book every Christmas. Dan Dare, Pilot if the Future, was the first picture story In every comic.
Also featured were cutaway drawings of loads of interesting things for young boys, like trains, boats and planes.

We may have the Internet, but there will always be a place in my heart for the Eagle.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3151 on: January 19, 2017, 12:49:19 pm »
I used to like those cutaway drawings and I persuaded Mr Moore the boss of the children's home to buy the Eagle as it taught all us boys how things worked so it could be classed as educational.
Bob

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3152 on: January 19, 2017, 09:38:58 pm »
Very Happy and very proud of my stepson Omar Meziane who was on The Hairy Bikers programme on BBC One today and now thanks to his mate Smithy has gone worldwide on Facebook as well .
More programmes to come on the tele soon with other TV Chefs.
Bob

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
January Donations

Advertise Here