!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 129461 times)

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1005 on: October 10, 2018, 01:05:45 pm »
The HVLE looks particularly cool, will look good with freight traffic! :thumbsup:

Yeah, and suitable for the non-electrified lines on parts of my layout. One of my pet hates is overhead electric locos running without at least a representation of catenary.  I can accept running without the actual wires as in real life they are very fine (I do have them on my line), but having no masts just looks wrong  :D   In the above photo I assume the ET485 was pushed there by a shunter! 
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1006 on: October 10, 2018, 01:41:12 pm »
The HVLE looks particularly cool, will look good with freight traffic! :thumbsup:

Yeah, and suitable for the non-electrified lines on parts of my layout. One of my pet hates is overhead electric locos running without at least a representation of catenary.  I can accept running without the actual wires as in real life they are very fine (I do have them on my line), but having no masts just looks wrong  :D   In the above photo I assume the ET485 was pushed there by a shunter!

Totally agree with your views on catenary. I won't be able to afford the fancy stuff for my layout but I will do the best I possibly can with scratchbuilding. I actually got really excited when they started putting catenary on the GWR - I thought "wow it looks like it does in other European countries now"!

Online swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1007 on: October 14, 2018, 10:23:41 am »
The latest addition to my diesel fleet is the Vossloh G1700BB Am843 in SBB "Infra" livery. It's not a particularly powerful model but it has no problem hauling six Minitrix bogie tank wagons on the curved 2.77% gradients of my layout so is perfectly adequate for my needs. It's a very quiet and smooth running loco with some nice detail. The handrails could be a little finer but they are reasonably strong and flexible which isn't a bad thing. One small complaint is that Hobbytrain never pick out the access step handrails in yellow as is standard on Swiss versions of the Vossloh but that is easily corrected with a small brush and a steady hand.
A few photos of the loco at work on my layout. I think the drinkers at the Gasthof Bären are more interested in the waitress than the Am843. :o

John

Online daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1008 on: October 14, 2018, 11:06:10 am »
Great photos as usual John.  :thumbsup: I really like this Hobbytrain model. I have the SBB version, Hobbytrain H2943 Vossloh G 1700 / Am843 of SBB Cargo.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1009 on: October 14, 2018, 04:41:45 pm »
Very nice loco!

Also reminds me i really must finish off the Kibri crane kit I bought when they first came out!
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1010 on: October 14, 2018, 06:43:27 pm »
………………..Also reminds me i really must finish off the Kibri crane kit I bought when they first came out!

I can't remember where I bought my Kibri crane but I know it was a fraction of the price that was originally being asked. The Kibri vehicle and rolling-stock kits always seem to be very expensive.
John

Online swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1011 on: October 14, 2018, 06:46:35 pm »
Great photos as usual John.  :thumbsup: I really like this Hobbytrain model. I have the SBB version, Hobbytrain H2943 Vossloh G 1700 / Am843 of SBB Cargo.

I think the SBB Cargo version is still my favourite Mike. :thumbsup:
John

Offline Globi

• Awards
« Reply #1012 on: October 14, 2018, 07:35:40 pm »
The latest addition to my diesel fleet is the Vossloh G1700BB Am843 in SBB "Infra" livery. It's not a particularly powerful model but it has no problem hauling six Minitrix bogie tank wagons on the curved 2.77% gradients of my layout so is perfectly adequate for my needs.

Great photos. I love your SBB loco, it's got a great functional look to it, brilliant hauling the crane!

Good purchase. :thumbsup:
Matt

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything