!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Living Room 1:160 DB Layout  (Read 2066 times)

Online Globi

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Living Room 1:160 DB Layout
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2018, 07:47:08 am »
Funnily enough, last time I read up on this topic, was when I was trying to stop bass from my speakers travelling down to the flat below. The things I learned were: A - don't have speakers in the corner of the room and B - Coupling. Apparently when a speaker is accoustically connected to whatever it is sitting on, this then also acts as a speaker - e.g. the floor or furniture it may be sitting on. To uncouple it from said furniture, the speaker needs to sit on a soft wallowy mass (I used neoprene pads in the end) thereby uncoupling it. The worst thing to sit speakers or stands on (in terms of preventing sound waves travelling to neighbours) was needle points as these couple the speaker very effectively to the surface below.

And this all ties in with what you are saying!

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2018, 08:39:29 am »
...The worst thing to sit speakers or stands on (in terms of preventing sound waves travelling to neighbours) was needle points as these couple the speaker very effectively to the surface below.

Yeah, it used to be the fashion to fit needle points to speaker stand feet and between the speaker and the stand, I still have all the points that came with mine but I used "black-tac" instead.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #152 on: Yesterday at 03:34:35 pm »
I've taken an unorthodox step and decided to make my hill out of sponge cake, coated with dark chocolate. The idea is, I will be able to nibble at it whilst playing with the trains. I'll replace the trees with sugar trees of course to match.  :laugh:

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #153 on: Yesterday at 03:45:18 pm »
turn it into a Swiss Roll   :D  :D
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: Yesterday at 04:05:01 pm »
And take a Swiss Army Knife to it to slice it up  :D

If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #155 on: Yesterday at 04:07:24 pm »
turn it into a Swiss Roll   :D  :D

Yum - good idea - ha ha! :laugh:

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00