!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)  (Read 427834 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)
« Reply #5460 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:14 pm »
Thanks, Chris (Weave) for your reply. My apologies, I missed your acknowledgement that you had apple green Sam's Cider container. I wasn't previously aware that you had a Siphon G "Palethorpes" sausages bogie van. Definitely a 'Rule One', but it could have been done. 8-)

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #5461 on: November 08, 2018, 09:23:59 pm »
Hi Chris,

No worries. The Palethorpes wagon was a 'too much red wine, everyone seems to have got one and I want one stroppy child' buy on the flea bay. I lost the one I was bidding for and so went (probably too high  :doh:) for another which came with 2 what I think are GWR suburban coaches (je ne sais pas  :confused1:).

Will take pics as might be of interest to you or the other Westerners.

Cheers Chris (weave)  :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5462 on: November 09, 2018, 08:26:37 am »
Hi Chris,

No worries. The Palethorpes wagon was a 'too much red wine, everyone seems to have got one and I want one stroppy child' buy on the flea bay. I lost the one I was bidding for and so went (probably too high  :doh:) for another which came with 2 what I think are GWR suburban coaches (je ne sais pas  :confused1:).

Will take pics as might be of interest to you or the other Westerners.

Cheers Chris (weave)  :beers:

Many thanks, Chris (Weave). I'd appreciate that.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5463 on: November 10, 2018, 10:38:07 am »
Lady Penelope Trevelver has returned from a successful visit to Eastleigh Works, on behalf of the North Cornwall branches of the CLPG, and is cautiously optimistic that a special train of overhauled locos. and rolling stock will arrive in time for Christmas 1962. As compensation for the delays, she has already accepted the delivery of a recently overhauled, but now surplus, Maunsell First Corridor (FK) coach, surplus to BR SR requirements in the SE for the CLPG to use, locally, as a 'Club Coach'. However, it can also be pressed into service at peak times, as required, and has already been seen in use at Trepol Bay.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:10:10 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5464 on: November 10, 2018, 11:00:42 am »
After second thoughts about how long, realistically, it will be until the announced Grahan Farsh BR Crimson & Cream Thompson design coaches, and as the excellent KJB Models had some bargain (under 17), unboxed coaches, I have ordered more BR Crimson & Cream Gresley coaches plus another Stanier as a 'spare':

N Gauge Dapol E11027E Gresley Crimson & Cream 1st Corridor (FK) Coach UNBOXED (NC059D), for VIPs.
N Gauge Dapol E12689E Gresley Crimson & Cream 2nd Corridor (SK) Coach UNBOXED (2P-011-052).
N Gauge Dapol E10112E Gresley Crimson & Cream Brake Composite (BCK) Coach UNBOXED (NC061D)

N Gauge Farish M9491M Stanier BR Crimson & Cream (Vestibule) Second Open Coach UNBOXED (374-841)

That should be more than enough Gresleys and Staniers for the pre-1962 Summer Saturday and enthusiasts' and other specials from the NE and NW plus Scotland, of course. BCKs are particularly useful for 'Low Season' through coaches. In 'High Season', an SK will be added.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:51:47 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5465 on: November 11, 2018, 12:10:19 pm »
I have won an additional GRAHAM FARISH 'N' 374-841A BR CRIMSON/CREAM STANIER VESTIBULE 2ND COACH M9502 BOXED (the same as Martin has) for 'through' running.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5466 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:03 pm »
Specially cleaned and polished for Remembrance Sunday, 11th November, 1962, Exmouth Junction (72A) "Battle of Britain" class Light Pacifics, 34064 "Fighter Command", 34065 "Hurricane", and 34066 "Spitfire" were all to be seen not only on North Cornwall BR SR services but also some inter-regional services, now, normally hauled off-season, by BR WR diesel-hydraulics.

Hauled, by "Hurricane" and "Spitfire", a stirring sight, a special joint BR SR and BR WR train was run from Truro to Penmayne and return, via Newquay, Port Perran, Trepol Bay, Wadebridge, and Cant Cove. Whilst travel was free for veterans, BR SR and WR donated ticket sales, from other passengers, to the Royal British Legion whilst the Castle Brewery, Headland Brewery, Sam's Cider, the North Cornwall Pasty Co. and the restaurants of the "Station Hotel", Trepol Bay, and "The Station Hotel", Cant Cove provided free refreshments in the BR SR and BR WR buffet cars formed in the train. The "Chelsea Girls", wearing large red poppies, regularly passed through the train with Royal British Legion collecting tins every one of which was filled. The locomotive crew, guard, and buffet car staff all gave their time for free. Not only the 2nd Class but also the 1st Class coaches were all full, the 1st Class accommodation with full fare paying local dignitaries.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5467 on: November 13, 2018, 05:34:45 pm »
Thank you for the inspiration, John. I plan to post photos. when we get some sunshine and I'm at home during the day. (I also want to co-ordinate with Martin; although I know that he has both 34065 "Hurricane" and 34066 "Spitfire" and BR SR Green BR Standards (Mark 1s including a RMB) and BR WR Maroon Colletts plus BR WR Chocolate & Cream BR Standards (Mark 1s including a RMB).

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #5468 on: November 13, 2018, 06:01:55 pm »
Did you want me to post the first photo Chris?
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #5469 on: November 13, 2018, 07:59:02 pm »
Yes, please, Martin. I'll then assemble the same train, if I can.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything