!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)  (Read 429049 times)

Chris in Prague and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Mito

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)
« Reply #4470 on: January 09, 2018, 08:46:37 pm »
Thanks for that interesting info. Expensive but would be an interesting addition.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #4471 on: January 09, 2018, 11:07:38 pm »
 :hellosign:  Many thanks Chris for the interesting  info
     regards Derek.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #4472 on: January 10, 2018, 09:23:50 am »
Thanks for the carriage info Chris.
As you say, very expensive plus it’s only an announcement so a year or two to wait I expect.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #4473 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:10 pm »
Prices are getting a bit silly, especially with the drop in consumer spending.

Chris (or anybody), were open and corridor carriages used on the same train?
I see no reason why not, but I'd like to get it right!

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #4474 on: January 10, 2018, 02:34:03 pm »
My pleasure, chaps. The Hawksworth coaches are not new models, just new in this livery so it's a question of when the factory has a production slot for them. I suspect that each coach will be produced as a separate batch but they are all scheduled for this year. I think they are all corridor coaches (i.e. not 'open'). Open coaches tended to be used on either side of restaurant / kitchen / buffet cars for use as dining cars or, in excursion trains (hence: TSO = Tourist Second Open). Later, they became more common in other trains as compartment coaches began to be phased out. So, yes, Mike, open and corridor type coaches did appear in the same train.

Once again, Graham Farish are not producing a BCK; very strange as a BCK is an ideal coach for a branch or secondary line 'through coach' service. This is, I admit, less so for the Hawksworth ones but very much so for the Bulleid design BCKs.

I will pre-order all 4 plus the imminent Dapol Maunsells in BR Green to complete my two-coach North Cornwall 2P local sets.

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #4475 on: January 10, 2018, 04:41:31 pm »
So, yes, Mike, open and corridor type coaches did appear in the same train.

Great thanks Chris

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #4476 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:47 pm »
Soon it will be four years since my very first post on Cant Cove. Alas, I'm a slow worker!

Now, as promised, the next instalment:

On the Chelsea Girls’ table, Angela, stopwatch ever in hand was looking worried which made Sylvia very worried.

“We’re still on schedule, aren’t we?”

“Yes, the girls are, Sylvia, but they practised often enough so they should be!”

“Good, but why are you looking so worried, then?”

Elsewhere in the Castle’s Great Hall, Ivan Fiddler, known in Cornwall as Sir John Bream, congratulated himself as he quickly glanced at the thin young woman in the chair next to his. His table’s elderly waitress had been correct, she had returned. Satisfied, he savoured the cream sherry in his schooner. He took another sideways look. ‘Hmm,’ he realised, ‘she looks less nervous than before. She looks . . . ‘ he searched for the right words, ‘yes, more composed, as though she’d made up her mind about something important. Must keep a close eye on her. How much longer to the interval?’

DI Rule was feeling very satisfied. The same waitress, who was his former primary school teacher, Miss Penryn, had earlier whispered to him, as she brought a fresh glass of “Castle Bitter”, that the graduate researcher had safely taken his message from its hiding place in the Ladies’ facilities and was back at Fiddler’s side. ‘Good, the plan, is up and running!’ He had to refrain from rubbing his hands with glee.

In contrast, the Doctor was feeling very dissatisfied. “Is this the best these three can do, young man?” he snapped.

“I’m sure that they’re doing their very best,” replied the Colonel, firmly. “You know that there was no possibility of a rehearsal. We only finished setting up Torchwood’s apparatus an hour ago.”

“Yes, yes, Colonel. Give me those digital binoculars.”

The sergeant looked at his officer who nodded.

“Hmm, the ship is still moving towards us but seems to be slowing. Most interesting. Hmm. Maybe we do have a chance, after all!”

“Let’s hope so, Doctor.”

“Yes, indeed!”

As if on cue, Enka, Sofi, and Susan, redoubled their efforts. ‘How much longer could they keep playing with such passion,’ worried Sylvia.

The brown and green translucent pulsing substance was becoming darker and swirling more strongly upwards from the small circular wooden stage, quickly growing in intensity and speed.

Captain Jeremy standing at the wooden lectern was still gazing at the brightly glowing oblong but a look of relief was spreading across his face, lit from below. “The dial on the display is getting closer to yellow, Doctor,” he reported, with obvious relief.

“Good, good. It will be close but we must never give up hope. No, never give up hope! As Winston said to me, ‘Never, never, never give up’.”

“We won’t, Doctor. You can be sure of that!”

“I know, Colonel.”

In the red GPO public telephone box at Cant Cove station, Little Tommy Greet, the Poldory's ‘runner’, well-wrapped in the old army blanket, was, once more, sound asleep on the old cushion that Audrey, the barmaid, had provided him. In the back bar of the “Tramway Inn”, the lock-in continued with carefree abandon, the increasingly drunk customers oblivious to the deadly threat in the sky high above.

Back at Trevelver Castle, most of the ‘gentlemen of the press’ were now sound asleep, heads in arms upon the table, many snoring loudly, broad smiles on their red faces as they dreamed dreams the like of which they had never experienced before. Eli had completely forgotten her winning card, 026, safely placed in her small evening bag hanging from the back of her chair. All the remaining Chelsea Girls’ attention was completely on their three friends’ extraordinary performance, their faces flushed and shiny with sweat, their figure-hugging dresses changing ever faster in hue and glowing with ever increasing intensity with the music whilst still maintaining their fundamental colour. The three friends were approaching the end of the first part of Enka Lou-Lou’s “Song of the Earth”; Enka and Sofi’s hands flying up and down their guitars, in perfect harmony, whilst Susan continued to play in, around, above and below the two guitars’, her hands a blur of constant motion. With ever greater passion, the three young women called on the Earth, their Mother, to channel her power through them to save all who lived upon her. Their friends were willing them on.

“I’m worried, Sylvia because time is, as the Doctor said, not on our side and they’re nearing the climax of Part One and, still, there is no sign of . . .” began Angela in reply.

“Look!” interrupted, Sylvia. “Look!”
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:41:28 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected »

Online Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #4477 on: January 13, 2018, 07:50:23 am »
And so the intrigue goes on!  Will the Earth be saved?  Am I really here?
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #4478 on: January 13, 2018, 10:47:30 am »
And so the intrigue goes on!  Will the Earth be saved?  Am I really here?

Thank you, Laurence. I will do my best to conclude the story, this month. There may be a story thread or two left open though for Martin. 8-)

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #4479 on: January 13, 2018, 08:35:10 pm »
As promised, the next instalment of the story:

The dark brown and green pulsating substance was now quickly flowing upwards to reveal a, hitherto unseen, crystalline dome suspended from sturdy chains above the small circular wooden stage. Under the dome it formed a pulsing cloud in an ever greater concentration, darkening as it did. As the dome filled up, the glowing substance slowly began flowing out through a pipe made of the same transparent material down towards a peculiar compact matt black device linked by an armoured dull silver cable snaking across the floor and out of the Great Hall.

Captain Jeremy, seeing the dial on the display, at last, reach yellow, immediately pressed the display three times in quick succession, as the Doctor had instructed, opening a switch.

“Good, good!” exclaimed the Doctor, over the earpieces. “Now, young ladies, you know what to do.

As one, the rest of the Chelsea Girls immediately rose from their seats and began chanting in harmony, “Re-surg-ence! Re-surg-ence! Re-surg-ence!”, first, quietly then ever louder. Almost immediately, the entire audience, even Sir Mortimer, Hughie Green, Alexander Farquharson, and Fiddler – to their considerable surprise, rose, too, to join in the rousing chorus. The three musicians’ music was now even louder, faster, and more passionate than before; its tempo matching the rhythmic chanting of the audience who were now stamping their feet, in tempo, as well.

Captain Jeremy was still intently studying what Susan had explained was a digital device from Torchwood preconfigured to display an analogue dial more suited for use in the 1960s.

“Doctor,” exclaimed the Captain, “the dial is moving towards green!”

“Good, good, Captain. That means that we have a chance. Not a big one, oh no! But a chance, nevertheless. And a chance is all we need!”

“Delighted to hear that, Doctor,” responded the Colonel.

“The binoculars, Sergeant.” The Colonel nodded permission.

“Hmm, most interesting. The Dalek spaceship seems to have stopped. Ha!”

“Any idea, Doctor, why?”

Enka, Sofi, and Susan were now very close to the climax of the first part of Enka Lou-Lou’s “Song of the Earth”, ‘Mother Hear Our Call!’.

Sylvia glanced at Angela, who was regularly checking her prized stopwatch. Her friend nodded and smiled. Sylvia breathed a sigh of relief. Then Angela pointed at the dark brown and green pulsating matter surrounding the stage and, now, almost obscuring the three young women.

“My goodness!” exclaimed Angela. “I can’t believe my eyes! Can it really be?”

“Ha!” exclaimed the Doctor, again. The Dalek Commander is faced with two opposing prime instructions: to retrieve the orichalcum on the one hand and to do nothing that might endanger the last known supply of that very same orichalcum! And, if that was not enough, there is the Primary Order: the Dalek instinct TO DESTROY, TO CONQUER! But safely retrieving the orichalcum is the Supreme Directive!”

“Err, Doctor, I don’t understand.”

“My dear Colonel, allow me to explain.”

The Colonel, now inured to the Doctor’s arrogant ways, nodded.

“The Dalek Commander is, through the spaceship’s rangoscopes and other sensing and tracking devices, aware of an unknown threat associated with the orichalcum here, below Trevelver Castle. The Commander is receiving signals of something not of this time and place, something of a vast and unknown energy, growing ever stronger. Something which the ship’s databanks have no information on. But its focus is too close to the location of the orichalcum. Fortunately, the TARDIS can disrupt the saucer’s videoscope, so they are still uncertain as to what, precisely, is happening, below them, here. Otherwise, all around us would have already been destroyed, exterminated, by their saucer’s fire-bombs. They are totally evil! No,” he mused, “their bacteria bombs; for they would preserve the vital orichalcum. Otherwise, ‘Location: Earth. Lifeforms detected! Exterminate!’ would be the Daleks’ instruction. Something that I fear that the RAF would have been powerless to prevent!”

“You mean,” and the Colonel waved his arm towards the alien equipment supplied by Torchwood in the special insulated and reinforced steel railway vans, from its Cardiff base. He recalled Susan explaining that the equipment had to be transported in, how had she put it . . . yes, ‘a state of suspended animation’, almost as though . . . it was . . . alive in some way!

“My dear, Colonel. Just because no-one of this era understands this apparatus does not mean that the Daleks do not, although,” he paused, “fortunately, even they do not recognise nor understand all of it. No, it was not this,” his arm then swept above it, “admirable though it is and we should all be . . . eternally . . . grateful to Torchwood for its assistance in this . . . matter. No, indeed no.”

“So, what then, Doctor?” The Colonel paused. “Err . . . yourself?”

The Doctor chuckled in a way that the Colonel had never experienced before.

“My dear Colonel. No, there are very few of us Time Lords left but, be assured, I am not unknown to the Daleks, ‘TARDIS detected’ the saucer will immediately have reported and, whilst, their databanks will have given them good reason to be wary of me . . . ‘He is the Doctor! He is the enemy of the Daleks!’ It's nice to be wanted, isn't it? I can hear them: ‘No-one can succeed, who opposes the Daleks.’ ‘The Doctor must be destroyed!’ Ha! No, I meant something else, young man. Something far beyond their understanding. A power they have never faced before! My guess and it is, of course, a extremely educated one, is that the Dalek Commander has already announced that superior Dalek technology will overcome such . . . interference as they calculate we pose and shortly! Ha!”

“So, what will stop these . . . Daleks and why are you so certain they can be stopped?”

“Must, dear Colonel. Must, for the Daleks are totally evil! They've wreaked havoc and destruction, destroyed countless innocent lives! But, never fear!”
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:53:09 am by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected »

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #4480 on: January 13, 2018, 09:25:41 pm »
And there was I thinking Davros is located on the river Landwasser, in the Rhaetian Alps, between the Plessur and Albula Range.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #4481 on: January 13, 2018, 10:05:14 pm »
Bringing the Dalek's creator, Davros, into what is already a complex enough story, would be one character too many, I think, Laurence.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #4482 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:51 pm »
“I believe you, Doctor, but, I repeat, if not you and Torchwood’s apparatus, what will stop the Daleks taking the orichalcum then destroying the Earth?”

“My dear, Colonel, why, those very determined and highly talented young ladies and my dear granddaughter, known to you as Susan. Susan and I have been settled amongst you for a while now. Originally, so that we can study you, humans, for you are quite fascinating, most impressive, indeed, hmm, whilst maintaining a low profile from those who wish us ill. But, now is not the time to speak of that! Oh, no!”

“You mean, the Chelsea Girls, Enka Lou-Lou and . . . Susan? But, no offence meant, but they are . . . just . . . young women. Most impressive, to be sure, but still young . . . women.”

“Yes, Colonel, that they are, but why not them? Susan may appear to be a sixteen year-old but she is far more knowledgeable than any human and she has become great friends with, and highly impressed by – and, may I say, it takes a lot to impress Susan – those you call the Chelsea Girls. You know, Susan has become most enamoured of the cultural fads of British teenagers . . . She loves pop groups such as John Smith and the Common Men and the Beachcombers, and is a great fan of Enka’s work. Do you know that she has a John Smith and the Common Men album aboard the TARDIS. But, I digress . . . You are, for once, young man, thinking along the right lines . . . No, there is a greater, far more powerful and elemental force that these young ladies and, the truly remarkable – after Susan, of course – Enka Lou-Lou, most ably supported by Sofia de La Vega and under Susan’s direction, are harnessing. Something entirely beyond the Daleks’ ability to comprehend! Ha!”

“Forgive me, Doctor, for my ignorance, but to what, exactly, are you referring?”

“Why, what you humans personify as Gaia, the primordial goddess of Greek mythology, the elemental power of Earth, manifesting as that brown and green . . . ”

“I see, Doctor. Now, there are just two things I want from you, Doctor: an effective way of controlling that elemental power and the protection of this planet and all upon it from these . . . Daleks!”

“The two are, of course, linked. As for controlling that power, Colonel. Well, it is being channelled through Enka, directed by Susan, and supported by Sylvia and her friends. For, as the daughter of Lady Penelope, Sylvia can call forth the power of all her female ancestors right back to the last of the Queen Priestesses from what you dimly remember as Atlantis.” The Doctor paused, a distant look in his eyes. “A place I must visit, sometime. . . I’m sure that I will, at least once.” He then shook his head, experiencing one of his all too frequent glimpses of his future or, was it, he asked himself, his past?

“All right, now, Doctor; back to the matter that concerns us, what do we do?”

“Do, Colonel, do? Why, we wait until we can strike! Until that moment, we maintain the utmost vigilance!”

“Until, Doctor?”

“Until Torchwood’s apparatus is fully charged, Colonel. Something that is beyond even my or, in its current diminished state, the TARDIS’s power! But, not, these courageous young ladies with the power of Mother Earth! They just need time.”

“Colonel, Doctor. The apparatus is charging!” reported the Scots Guard Sergeant, studying the multi-coloured dial. A thin mist of evaporating water was rising from the apparatus as power began to flow into it.

“Ah, yes; just as I thought,” responded the Doctor. “It is indeed, ‘charging up’. But, it will, alas, take some time, yet!”

“Can’t you do something, Doctor, to speed it up?”

“Alas, Colonel. To do so is beyond even my very considerable powers. This apparatus has been ‘asleep’ for . . . who knows how long? Patience. We must be patient. Has the Dalek ship moved, Sergeant?”

Again, the Colonel nodded his permission.

“No, sir. It has not.”

“Good, good. Now, we must wait and remain vigilant. Yes, vigilant. Vigilant and ready. Colonel, the dial, here,” the Doctor pointed. “It will progress through Red, Orange, Yellow, before reaching Green. Just like the one in the Great Hall. The Captain’s men have carefully and, may I say, rather skilfully for mid-twentieth century technicians who had never before seen such equipment, configured the display according to Torchwood’s instructions and my knowledge of the apparatus and the capabilities of human vision. When it reaches Green, this,” he pointed to the now stationary upwards pointing gunmetal barrel, covered with a thin film of condensation, mounted on top of the device linked by cable to the control apparatus in front of them, “will spring into . . . life. Yes, life is the word. Hmm. And then we shall see what we shall see! Ah, yes! We shall see, Colonel! It’s not long now. Oh, yes, not long!”

“While we wait, perhaps, you can explain what you, earlier, in the Great Hall, referred to the Cuban Missile Crisis?”

“Ah! A ‘spoiler’ – as I will say, sometime – dear Colonel. Hmm. What can I tell you? What do you already know? Hmm. Well,” the Doctor began, without waiting for a reply. “In retaliation for the U.S.A. aiming missiles at the Soviet Union from bases in Turkey, the Soviet Union’s premier, Nikita Khrushchev, has had missile bases built on the island of Cuba.”

“Yes, that much I knew from my highly confidential Whitehall MoD briefings.”

“Indeed. Photographs from a U.S. U-2 spy-plane have proved the existence of the missile sites and the presence on Cuba of medium-range Soviet missiles, well within the range of several U.S. cities.”

“Good grief, Doctor. And the Daleks?”

“I’m coming to them, Colonel. By the time, Monday, 22nd October, Khrushchev realised that the Americans had uncovered his secret, 42 nuclear missiles had already been put into place on Cuba. As you know, Kennedy’s speech, that same day, broadcast on radio and television, in which he talked of ‘indisputable evidence’, shocked the American nation. The public rushed to stock up on foodstuffs and essentials, especially in cities, listed by the American media, as the most vulnerable to nuclear attack. From their hidden Earth orbit, using their saucer’s videoscope, the Daleks have observed all of this and calculated that nuclear war and, with it, the possible destruction of the precious orichalcum, is ever more likely.”

“I see.”

“The U.S. Government fears Khrushchev because they, correctly, evaluate him as erratic and untrustworthy; whilst Khrushchev is dismissive of the youth and inexperience of President Kennedy. In short, neither trusts or respects the other!”

“How do you know all of this, Doctor?”

“Patience, Colonel. I’m coming to that.”

“Direct intervention, is favoured by the U.S. military and has been discussed in detail. Instead, on 24th October, Wednesday, Kennedy’s administration has implemented a naval blockade, or – you humans do like euphemisms – ‘quarantine’, 800 miles from Cuba, later to be reduced to 500 miles, to prevent the arrival of further Soviet ships carrying more missiles. But the U.S. military and its nuclear weapons remain on Red Alert and, thus, so do the Daleks, poised”, the Doctor pointed skywards, “above us”.

“And, how . . . “

“A little background, first, young man. I see from the dial that we still have some time. Come closer.” The Sergeant concentrated on the control apparatus. The other Scots Guards were already out of earshot. The Doctor then began whispering. “You already know that Susan and I are not of this time or place. We are Time Lords. The Time Lords have a strict non-interference policy: they will only observe the events of the wider universe, and never become involved. Hmm. It was partly this policy which led to Susan and I leaving our home planet, Gallifrey. We feel that there are evils which should be fought, and positive ways of interfering. Additionally, we were, I confess,” again the Doctor chuckled, “bored at home and wanted to experience the universe first hand. Ha!”

“I see.”

“Then came an exchange of letters between Kennedy and Khrushchev, for which I, myself can take some credit.”

“How so?”

“Between us, Susan and I managed to effect some temporary repairs to the TARDIS enabling me to travel, undetected, to both Washington and Moscow. Specifically, the White House and the Kremlin, to meet, alone, with Kennedy and Khrushchev. I was able to show each of them the terrible danger that they were putting this planet and all who live on it, in . . . total nuclear destruction!”

“Good grief. You were able to do that?”

“Yes, indeed. The TARDIS beamed a 3D video for them, both, a highly graphic one. However, despite this intervention, Khrushchev has warned Kennedy not to maintain the blockade, threatening the use of Soviet submarines against U.S. ships. Indeed, if it comes to nuclear war, Khrushchev has warned Kennedy, ‘we’ll all meet together in Hell’. So, you can see, my mission was not, totally, successful! Hmm.”

“It would seem, not, Doctor. At least you tried. And, now?”

“On 27th October, an American U-2 reconnaissance plane was shot down over Cuba killing the pilot. The American public believe we are on the eve of Armageddon and the Daleks must be even more convinced that now is the time to retrieve the orichalcum. They know it will be their deaths if they return without it.”

“But, that was, yesterday, Saturday!”

“Yes, Colonel. Now, Kennedy’s generals are urging him to retaliate and launch an invasion of Cuba. But Kennedy, like Khrushchev, knows that the world is on the brink of nuclear war and they have seen what that would mean for them, their people, and the world.”

“What about the Daleks, Doctor? You said that they also know that the world is on the brink of nuclear war.”

“Yes, they do, Colonel; or, at the very least, calculate that that is highly likely, and soon. But they also know that there is something else going on, below them, here, and that, as I’ve said, they do not understand and what they do not understand they cannot plan for! Humans have an innate talent for improvisation . . . Daleks do not!”

“Have you tried communicating with them?”

“My dear Colonel, that would make not the slightest difference to their plans. If anything it would make the Daleks more determined to retrieve the orichalcum then, before leaving with it, trigger a nuclear war by launching an attack on Moscow, Washington, or London! Thus, saving them the trouble of exterminating all life on this planet themselves!”
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:04:52 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected »

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #4483 on: January 14, 2018, 09:35:06 pm »
All is beginning to become clear - or at least, less foggy!
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #4484 on: January 15, 2018, 10:20:30 pm »
The wondrous music, ethereal singing, harmonic chanting and rhythmic foot stamping came to a magnificent conclusion. As it did, the words, hitherto, unknown, became understandable to all, in English:

“Gaia, Mother,
Gaia, Mother of all that dwells upon the Earth,
Gaia, Maiden who brings life to all upon the deep-bosomed Earth,
Nurturing its verdant plains, fertile fields,
Rolling hills and curving valleys,
Come, Mother, hear your children,
Gaia, Mother, draw near,
Hear your daughters’ entreaty.”

Exhausted but triumphant, Enka, Sofi, and Susan, slowly stepped off the stage and processed in line around it, hands held between them, bowing repeatedly as the audience continued their tremendous applause.

“Look!” repeated Sylvia to Angela. “Look! Can you see . . . this, I mean, her?” She pointed at the dense dark brown and green glow now completely obscuring the surrounding the stage.

“See . . . what, Sylvi?”

“A giant, statuesque, athletic woman with an aura of tremendous radiant power all around her. A radiant and beneficent female presence, with a shining brown body and flowing green lustrous hair. In her right hand she wields a mighty sword of glowing red and in her left she holds a round shield of brilliant blue. She is turning her head towards us and . . . smiling. Her eyes are shining, of the darkest brown.”

Enka, Sofi, and Susan, after walking to their right, stopped in front of the magnificent, tall, naked, brown-skinned, muscular woman radiating the primal power of the female element and the earth.

“Isn’t she”, Enka gazed up and up, “splendid in her mature beauty and strength, her power and wisdom. Her body is an analogue of the earth. The curves express its containing, but transformative power. See the ease and certainty with which she carries her immense power, the energy that is present in all of this Earth’s manifestations, now awakened.”

“Yes”, added Susan, “to all she is the Mother, the giver of life and the nurturer of the land, for all life is sustained through the care and gifts of Gaia. She is Maiden, Mother, and Crone. But, my Sisters, now it is autumn, the time when Gaia appears as an ageing woman. Beware my dear friends, her temper may be short for she knows winter will come shortly when she must slumber. Her powers, still strong, are now waning but, have no fear, she will still do all she can for her children who call on her.”

“I am Gaia, Mother of the Earth. Who has summoned me to this place?”

“Most honoured Lady Gaia, Mother of the Earth, it is we, Enka Lou-Lou, Sofia de La Vega and I, known here as Susan.”

The three young women bowed deeply.

“The Earth’s blessings be upon you, Enka Lou-Lou, Sofia de La Vega and the one known here Susan.”

The three young women bowed deeply, again, before slowly spreading their arms wide to receive Gaia’s blessing.

“For what purpose did you summon me as I prepare for my approaching Winter rest? Who will speak? Wait, I see two of the ancient and most honoured line.” Gaia smiled and beckoned. Her mighty sword and shield resting at her side. “It is most fitting that you shall speak.”

Lady Penelope, glowing with a dazzling power that was but a shadow of that of Gaia, stepped forward and took Sylvia by her right hand to stand and bow deeply before the immense shimmering figure towering above them.

“Our humble thanks, most honoured Lady Gaia, Mother of the Earth. I am the Lady Penelope Trevelver and this is my only daughter, Sylvia, of whom any mother would be most proud,” she beamed.

Gaia smiled, in turn. “You may speak, honoured Lady Penelope.”

“With all due deference, most honoured and puissant Lady, as it was Sylvia’s dear friends, Enka Lou-Lou, Sofia de La Vega and Susan, who called you here, I call upon Sylvia to speak on their behalf.”

Gaia nodded. ”A most wise choice, Lady Penelope. For you are both of the line of Queen Priestesses from before the dawn of history. Lady Sylvia, speak, for my time is short!”

Sylvia stepped slightly forward and bowed deeply, once more. “We understand, most honoured Lady Gaia. For autumn began in the third week of the ninth month and will end in the third week of the twelfth month. Already, it is past the third week of the tenth month of our calendar.”

“You have the understanding of it, Sylvia. Sisters, if you had summoned me in springtime, I would have appeared as the Maiden. The Maiden, like Spring, is full of hope and is the bearer of new life, her touch is one of healing and nourishment and all are calmed by her appearance. If you had summoned me in summertime, I would have appeared as a beautiful woman at the peak of her powers, magnificent to behold, full of wisdom, ready to dispense knowledge . . . if asked correctly. But you did neither. So, tell me, why did you Sisters summon me, now?”

“We call upon the power of Lady Gaia to rise forth and protect us from all attacks through the protective power of the Earth,” answered Sylvia slowly and very clearly.

Gaia turned a face full of compassion but already etched with age and weariness, downwards.

“But you have summoned me in the autumntime and soon I will be the Crone. My powers, still strong, are now waning, Sisters.”

“Alas, Lady Gaia, that we understand but the most deadly peril now threatens all upon your Earth with imminent and utter destruction!”

“Sisters, I will do all I can for you. Which one of you can inform me of the exact nature of this deadly threat?”

Sylvia stepped back as Susan stepped forward.

“Most honoured Lady Gaia, Mother of the Earth. I am not of this time nor place, but I have grown to love your Earth and all who dwell upon it but,” the Doctor’s granddaughter paused, “especially, my beloved Sisters, assembled here.” Susan pointed in turn to each one of the Chelsea Girls who bowed in turn. “Of all the Sisters who stand before you, most honoured and puissant Lady, it is I and I alone who knows the true nature of the threat hanging over all.”

“Come, then, Daughter, and show it to me.”

The magnificent women beckoned with her right hand. Susan slowly rose from the stone floor until she was level with the magnificent lined forehead of Gaia.

“Place both your hands upon my forehead, close your outer eyes and SHOW me, now! For then I will know what lies within my power to achieve!”
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:27:36 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected »

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything