!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato Shinkansen O series  (Read 867 times)

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Kato Shinkansen O series
« on: August 28, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »
Hi  All,    

Just a short video  (not a very good one i'm afraid)  of my  Kato   O  series shinkansen   set  running  converted to DCC   with  Digitrax motor control   &   a   TCS  FL4  at  each end to control   the orange/white  directional lighting.

I have fitted  Kato  white  LED lighting kits  to  some of the coaches  although i  intend to  refit them  all  with  warm  white SMD's,  when these are done i will   make a better video  ;)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:26:13 pm by upnick »

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Kato Shnikansen O series
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:53:23 pm »
Is this really O scale? I just love seeing these fast trains sashay through the curves at speed
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Offline upnick

• Awards
Re: Kato Shnikansen O series
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:25:41 pm »
Is this really O scale? I just love seeing these fast trains sashay through the curves at speed

Hi Pendy,   

The shinkansen    is the O serieis or class of  locomotive  not  O scale it  is  N  scale  from Kato   i  would  like to have a large layout ewherei   could run  it  at a  scale speed   along with other shinkansens  ;D   similar to  Claudes  layout 

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47.0

Offline poliss

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Kato Shinkansen O series
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:24 pm »
If I tried running my locos at that speed they'd fall over at the first bend. The Shinkansen must have a low centre of gravity.

Offline upnick

• Awards
Re: Kato Shinkansen O series
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »
If I tried running my locos at that speed they'd fall over at the first bend. The Shinkansen must have a low centre of gravity.

I  think your right Poliss  it's running  at  128    speed there   it's  scary i  can  tell  you  when  its  on  full  chat  on  my  U.S.   layout in the video   below   (click  on the image to run the video) Kato   have really got the balance  literally to  replicate the Shinkansens  ;)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:40:10 pm by upnick »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here
anything