!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hambleside East (was Dunestone) - BR(SR) 60s  (Read 26728 times)

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
Re: Hambleside East (was Dunestone) - BR(SR) 60s
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2016, 02:07:06 am »
A bit of track bashing and fitting this evening, and after a bit of fiddling, the plan was executed, despite the change in geometry enforced by the change from Code 80 to Code 55. There's a bit of a wiggle in the loop line to enable the crossover to the Up Main to flow smoothly, and as a result, there's a sharper-than-intended curve into the MPD line, but that can be eased when the rest of the track is replaced.

...and mission accomplished as regards the storage siding - there's ample room for a 59' three-set, and if the coaches are set hard against the buffer stop, a 63' three-set can be accommodated.

Next step, lots of holes to be drilled for the electrical wiring, then the track can be stuck into position...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:08:08 am by talisman56 »
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2016, 07:04:06 am »
Thanks for the update. A nice rake of SR livery Maunsells. What will the station pilot be?

Offline talisman56

• N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2016, 08:14:57 am »
Thanks for the update. A nice rake of SR livery Maunsells. What will the station pilot be?

One of the two M7s or three Terriers... :)

'Black Motor' 700 Class 0-6-0 on heavy traffic Summer Saturdays.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:53:27 am by talisman56 »
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2016, 10:30:52 am »
Thanks for your reply. I have still to order my Union Mills T9 and 'Black Motor' 700 Class 0-6-0 but will do, soon, so I hope to have them DCC-fitted and at Cant Cove, next Spring. I look forward to seeing your train running, again, soon.

Do you know anyone who will repaint, add lining transfers, new numbers and, where relevant new nameplates, to BR SR steam loco. models? I have an old Graham Farish Bulleid Light Pacific that needs some attention. Its previous owner started work on it but one side needs redoing and both sides need BR lining added. (I know the new Bulleid Light Pacifics are due and plan to buy one but I want to keep my existing fleet and detail them.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:32:31 am by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2016, 01:06:27 pm »

Do you know anyone who will repaint, add lining transfers, new numbers and, where relevant new nameplates, to BR SR steam loco. models? I have an old Graham Farish Bulleid Light Pacific that needs some attention. Its previous owner started work on it but one side needs redoing and both sides need BR lining added. (I know the new Bulleid Light Pacifics are due and plan to buy one but I want to keep my existing fleet and detail them.)

Maybe Gideon would take this on as a commission, Chris :hmmm:
@Ozymandias

Offline Ozymandias

• N Gauge Society Number: 25305
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2016, 09:18:35 am »

Maybe Gideon would take this on as a commission, Chris :hmmm:
@Ozymandias

Yes, that's very much something I can do! :)
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2016, 09:44:26 am »
Thank you, both. Please, PM me, Gideon, for the details. It's an old Graham Farish unrebuilt Bulleid Light Pacific that has been part 'converted' to 34002 "Salisbury", in its mid-1960s condition in BR Late Crest Lined Green livery fitted with AWS and BR speedo and attached to a cut-down 4,500-gallon tender. 34002 lasted until April 1967. "Salisbury" is a favorite of mine because it hauled the 'Cornubian', a special run by the RCTS/Plymouth Railway Circle, to commemorate cessation of steam operation on the Cornish Main Line, on 3rd May 1964. My model of 34002 is, currently, awaiting, first, DCC-fitting.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything