!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Farish Class 4mt Loco Body - How to Remove  (Read 393 times)

Offline Rabbitaway

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Farish Class 4mt Loco Body - How to Remove
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »
Hi

I have a 4mt and it is crabbing. I have improved the situation by bending out the pick-ups with a pin but I am limited on this fix because I cannot figure out how to get the loco body off to fully dismantle and re-set the pick-ups.

It is fixed at the cab end with no obvious screw and the exploded diagram is unclear on how the body is fixed.  The front is just a simple screw.  I do not want to use any force in case I damage the loco.  There appears to be something in the cab on the floor but again with no pin or screw.

Any help on this?
Thanks   

:helpneededsign:

Offline silly moo

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
    • Awards
Re: Farish Class 4mt Loco Body - How to Remove
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 06:25:30 am »
If you mean the 4MT tender loco then there is a bracket on the lower right hand side of the cab that the pipework attaches to, the pipework clips into the bracket. You need to separate the pipework from the bracket to remove the body.

There is also the problem of the reversing rod on the left hand side of the loco, it was unclear if this was glued to the body and I cut through it only to find it was a push fit. This needs to be separated from the body as well.

There is more general information in this thread under Train Surgery : Adjusting the pick ups on a 4MT - best way to proceed.

I will watch your thread with interest as my loco is still not 100% right  ???

Online mickster04

• The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
Re: Farish Class 4mt Loco Body - How to Remove
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:27:36 am »
Just in case ayone finds this thread looking for help on the 4mt Tank (372-535 and the like)

There are two small lugs on the cabside as shown in the photo below. they prize off with fingernails beneath the body once the three screws are removed.

the bunker falls off once the body is removed as the body keeps it in place with the screws at the rear.

Imma fit the zen decoders from DCC-C with the keep alive to mine. should be enough room to also hopefully not make it super obvious it's there.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £35.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £46.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
131% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything