!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Razor saw & block for cutting track  (Read 806 times)

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Razor saw & block for cutting track
« on: August 18, 2011, 10:54:02 am »
Hi All,
Although  Xuron  track cutters work well  (i  have a  pair  for  other cuts)  using a  sharp  razor saw 52 TPI (teeth per inch) just kept for trackwork  results in a  nice clean cut.

Along with the razor saw i use a small wood block to one side of the join just over the width of the track two grooves cut in the underside to take the rails well/snugly & support the rails the edge nearest the cut supports the saw vertically as well sorry its a bad drawing but hope it makes more sense in a diagram  below, the block is around 70MM long.

My other option for track  cutting is a diamond slitting disc mounted on a mandrel  in  the minicraft drill  :)

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here