Layout Names

Started by elmo, July 19, 2011, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmo

Reading the thread about Watton Erith got me thinking about layout names. My main N gauge layout began in 1989 and although it had a name never had it officially 'stamped' i.e. no station name boards. It was only a couple of years ago when I gave the layout a total revamp that I got my self some station name boards and named my layout in honour of still not being finnished as LONGLAST. What is yours called - and why?
Elmo

Newportnobby

Many years ago I embarked on an affair with a lady who was separated from her husband. Trouble was her husband then told her he would commit suicide if she didn't go back to him. I lost her. My layout will be called Kimbolted and is loosely based around the Oxford area so I can run stuff from many regions.  :'(

port perran

As I live in Cornwall and wanted to create a Cornish WR branchline scenario I decided to call my layout Port Perran (a fictitious Cornish seaside town based somewhere on the North coast twixt Hayle and Perranporth). My intermediate branchline station is named Lanharrack which is an amalgam of my own village Carharrack and Lanner which is just down the road. 
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Alex

Hi,

When I was building my main layout the name Kenmore stuck in my mind. Don't know why. Don't think I'lll really understand my mind. :smiley-laughing:

My US layout doesn't have a name yet, although one section is called Snake Pass and another section is simply known as The Tunnel.

Alex

Tank

My last layout was called New SouthEaston.  For those who haven't guessed, it's a play on Network SouthEast.   :thumbsup:

I'm not sure on what to call my latest MOD test layout. :-\

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on July 19, 2011, 09:44:01 PM

I'm not sure on what to call my latest MOD test layout. :-\

How about Lambretta or Vespa :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Quote from: newportnobby on July 19, 2011, 09:49:02 PM
How about Lambretta or Vespa :smiley-laughing:

No, this has nothing to do with bicycles with chainsaw engines! ;) :smiley-laughing:

poliss

Mine's called The Buffalo Pass, Scalplock & Defiance RR after the one in the 60s tv series Iron Horse.

poliss

Vespa is a contributer on the Hornby forums.

longbridge

Layout names are a weired thing for a weird person like myself, I start off with a name I like but as my layout is a work in progress I very often change the the name, I have been know to change the name of a layout up to four times because it starts of looking like the place I intended and finishes up looking like somewhere else, I guess that is one reason why I build freelance railways modelled on nowhere in particular.

I was thinking of naming my layout with a long name like those in Wales and the first that came to mind was "Llnofrigginplaceinparticular" . :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: poliss on July 19, 2011, 09:53:08 PM
Vespa is a contributer on the Hornby forums.

I remember his curries and chow mein very well

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on July 19, 2011, 09:55:15 PM

I was thinking of naming my layout with a long name like those in Wales and the first that came to mind was "Llnofrigginplaceinparticular" . :thumbsup:

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: Or how about "Cwdbeblyddyanyware"

poliss

Vespa, not Vesta. Sheesh!  ::) I'm a Lambretta man myself.

kiwi1941

I have a cunning plan to use up some spare track and points on a small file-box style layout so I can run my Dapol Terrier "Boxhill" somewhere appropriate.

I though I might call it "Boxhill for Leftover"

My 'real' layout is boringly called "Garsdale Joint and Junction" because that's where it is set on the Settle and Carlisle.

Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

scotsoft

I am doing a shelf most of the way round my spare bedroom and run a single shuttle line between two ficticious Scottish villages called Peeindoon and Brawoot  :beers:

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations