New addition to family

Started by 1936ace, May 07, 2013, 12:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I've just been going off about driving distances, so I thought I'd better not bring temperature into it!! Thought we'd better not come across as smart**** Antipodeans.... but oh, the heat.......  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Sprintex

Don't know how hot it is up in Nobbylancastershire but down here in the Southeast it's been 29C last couple of days, and being Britain humid as hell with it  :veryangry:

Hurry up autumn!! ;)

Paul

Bealman

29 degrees? I'll be there in only 3 weeks! I'd better pack three jumpers a well as me jacket!!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on July 08, 2013, 09:28:45 PM
Hope I'm not rubbing salt in Bart's wounds but I have an addition to the family today - a rescue cat I have named Tommy (Rock opera, Bo-Bo electric loco class 76 I think, and English moggy)

Poor devil is finding the heat too much and moulting greatly (bit like his owner) :sweat:

Nicely marked beast Mick but he looks a bit overweight  :food:

Not that I can make any claim to have a svelte frame  :-[

I hope you and George enjoy each others company and grow old and grumpy together  :D

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on July 09, 2013, 08:38:14 AM

I hope you and George enjoy each others company and grow old and grumpy together  :D

cheers John.

Umm, the cat's name is Tommy, John.
Not sure I'd want George living with me. :no:
He'd be saying it's always too cold ;)

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on July 09, 2013, 10:18:38 AM

cheers John.

Umm, the cat's name is Tommy, John.
Not sure I'd want George living with me. :no:
He'd be saying it's always too cold ;)

I am going back to bed for an hour, can't get a sleep with this heat  :veryangry:

Apologies to Tommy, I do not know how I managed to get that wrong  :-[

Oldman

Mick at least you don't drive a red van and called it Jess. :bounce:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Rock on Nobby er Mick no TOMMY...

Good on you!. 
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Jerry Howlett

cheers John.

Hang on a Minute....

I hope He (Tommy) is not one of those notorious "FAT CATS" that I have heard about.  Does he come with a decent pension ?.....
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on July 09, 2013, 01:58:55 PM
cheers John.

Hang on a Minute....

I hope He (Tommy) is not one of those notorious "FAT CATS" that I have heard about.  Does he come with a decent pension ?.....

:laughabovepost:
I did jokingly state I was going to call him Fat Ba****d but the nurses at the vets said they would not let me have him if I did :angel:

Newportnobby

Quote from: newportnobby on July 08, 2013, 09:28:45 PM
Hope I'm not rubbing salt in Bart's wounds but I have an addition to the family today - a rescue cat I have named Tommy (Rock opera, Bo-Bo electric loco class 76 I think, and English moggy)

Poor devil is finding the heat too much and moulting greatly (bit like his owner) :sweat:

Absolutely distraught today as Tommy had a heart attack last night and I have had to take the decision this morning to not let him suffer further :'(

Oldman

Sorry to hear the sad news Mick
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Sprintex

That's awful Mick, poor little fella  :(

Paul

1936ace

Sorry mate to read the sad news.
Bart

scotsoft

I really feel for you Mick, for this to happen just as you are getting used to each other your heartache must be awful.

You may think this crazy but if you can get another rescue cat straight away, it does help with the pain, I know this from experience.  When my old Siamese cat went to the vets and did not come home, that afternoon I went and got a rescue kitten.  I was too busy looking after and being pestered by the kitten it kept my mind off of my loss.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations