Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Scenecraft 42-065 Art Deco Platform Centre Building  (Read 904 times)

Offline redtrain

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Scenecraft 42-065 Art Deco Platform Centre Building
« on: December 29, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »
Scenecraft 42-065 Art Deco Platform Centre Building - List price 17.95

Dimensions 85mm x 58mm x 39mm

The platform itself is designed to be made up of 5 (or more) structures - 1 centre building, 2 subway buildings and 2 end buildings. So far I only have the centre building as I wanted to make sure trains could pass under the overhanging roof. Note - they won't if you use KATO unitrack like I do. The additional height the ballast gives the track means that you would have to jack up the platforms to allow trains to pass through the station.

This does mean that a complete platform is going to cost you somewhere around 80 - which is quite a lot for a platform. Is it worth it? I think so as there is nothing similar around in card kits (if there is please let me know). So I will be completing the platform in the near future.

The centre building has skylights and the paint finish is rather 'shabby' which is just like most of the Tube stations here in suburban London so the look is spot on realistic. Again the posters are nearly readable. I suppose they could have been made readable with the modern printing techniques, but I think the way they are gives the structure that period feel.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
March Donations

Advertise Here