!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Curves and Radi  (Read 822 times)

Offline Broken Neck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18917
    • Awards
Curves and Radi
« on: May 23, 2011, 04:55:26 pm »
Hi all,

As I am new to all of this railway modeling and the forum can some please help me with planning some basic curves. I have worked out that ST-12 = 9ins curve, I am not using Set Track for the layout it is for help only in getting the curves right using SL 302.

What I am looking for is an inner curve of 12ins and outer curve of ?? :-\ with the streamline spacing between the tracks. What would this equate to in Set track if anything?. or would it be better to work it out on a track cad program,if so any suggestions?.

Sorry to go on a bit but have problems in relating my thoughts into words, this is down to my disability (Nothing works in a hurry anymore)  :thumbsup:

m1racleman

Re: Curves and Radi
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:17:51 pm »
If you keep to standard track spacings then you will not go far wrong. On straight sections the distance from track centre to track centre should be 22.9mm and this increases to 24,7mm on curves. For convenience call it 23mm and 25mm. No one will notice 0.1mm anyway.

Offline Broken Neck

• N Gauge Society Number: 18917
    • Awards
Re: Curves and Radi
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:40:27 am »
m1racleman

Thanks for the info it is easy to understand, have looked a books on it and got all confused but using those measerments makes life easy.
I always try things the complex way first instead of asking for help but now I've found this great forum my hobby is coming to life.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here