1. Ensure that you know the location of where your image file is stored
2. Open this link to open the ‘pic resize’ website
3. Click on the ‘Browse’ button. This will take you to the files on your computer.
4. Locate the file that contains the image and select it. The name of the file should appear in the white box.
5. Select the blue Quick resize link (it is located under Additional Options at the bottom left of the grey box)
6. Under the Section 2, Quick Resize, ensure that JPG is selected in the Save as Format box and enter 500 in the Maximum Filesize box
7. Click on the yellow ‘I’m Done, Quick resize my picture’ box.
8. After a few moments, a new screen will appear. Select ‘Save to disk’ (at the bottom left of the grey box) and select the location that you want to save it too. It will be saved with rsz_1 in front of your original file name and it will not overwrite your original file.
Your picture should now be saved at a reduced file size. Do not be concerned if the file size is less than 500kb, it will be good enough for the forum.
Please note that this may not work with all mobile devices.