Their main duties are to:
- Provide help and guidance regarding use of the forum.
- Check that our members are adhering to our Code of Conduct by reviewing the posts.
- Deal quickly and effectively with any 'flare-ups' between members and apply sanctions where necessary.
- Manage the N'porium by approving items for sale and dealing with items that do not meet our criteria.
- Ensure that posts are in the right place within the forum and carry out general forum 'tidying up' activities.
- Contribute ideas for improving the forum.
- Run events such as competitions, raffles etc.
Our moderators are not necessarily subject matter experts - although some of them are skilled in modelling railways. They have been selected because they are able to ensure that there is 'fair play' on the forum without them being overbearing or excessively nit-picky.