what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

:)  I agree, nothing compares to the first four albums - although there have been the odd great song on each album.......but I not on St Anger, I agree.  And the album with Lou Reed......  AWFUL AWFUL.  I have everything that Metallica have ever done, but won't have that on my Metallica shelf. >:(  Cliff would never have let them make such terrible mistakes I'm sure.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2013, 11:31:04 AM
but I not on St Anger, I agree.

Nooooooooooooooo! :o  Awesome album :thumbsup:  Shoot me again….I ain't dead yet 8)

You youngsters today, blah, blah, blah :D

Bristolmar

I am listening to my Amazon parrot, Joe, singing "Goodnight Irene" (is it a Lieber and Stoller composition?)

Its my football team, Bristol Rovers' signature song and hes singing it over and over because I was listening to the Rovers v Pompey game yesterday and he heard it.

C'mon the Gas

:D
Beer calls...........................must run

Newportnobby

'Spunk Rock' by Man from the Greasy Truckers Album on vinyl.
20 minutes or so of great guitar playing :music:

Dock Shunter

Swedish Jam masters..... Siena Root.... 8)

Siena Root - Reverberations

SIENA ROOT -Waiting For The Sun

Tank

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on December 22, 2013, 11:53:04 AM
Nooooooooooooooo! :o  Awesome album :thumbsup:  Shoot me again….I ain't dead yet 8)

You youngsters today, blah, blah, blah :D

I just like Thrash Metal and some proper drumming, not a guy that sounds like he's hitting baked bean tins!!!  And as for Invisible Kid.....  *shudders*.   :D

Buzzard

Atif Aslam , a Pakistani pop and film star

I cannot understand any of the songs as they're not in English but they're good listening.  He's done some other albums that are well thought of so I might have to hunt them down (Asian music is usually about a half or third the price of Western music).

Pakistani music is not my normal "thing" but I saw this chap at a free Asian festival, that's another story, and was well impressed at the way he belts out his songs i.e. better live than in the studio.

Nigel

tutenkhamunsleeping

Marillion - Happiness On The Road: The Forum, London, 19th November 2008

port perran

Been listening to I am Kloot this evening.
Great little band - saw them a few years back supporting the Bluetones :

I AM KLOOT - Northern skies
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

jonclox

Maggie May...................... by Rod of course  :D :D
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

port perran

On the subject of Rod Stewart, when I was in my late teens, we saw all of the big bands inc Yes, King Crimson, Rory Gallagher, Lindisfarne, Fairport, Focus, Hawkwind , Argent and many, many more at, of all places, Devizes Corn Exchange !
All the big acts started their British tours there.
I remember being outraged the day that Rod Stewart & Faces turned up and were the VERY first band to charge an admission fee of £1-00!!!!!  Until then , 75p was the most expensive.
Those were the days !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny.

A classic album from my yoof 8)

talisman56

I'm running a multimeter over the trackwork and cabling on the main layout board trying to trace a fault, the iPod in the cradle of the hi-fi on 'shuffle' - I think it's trying to tell me something. Eric Clapton's version of 'Cocaine' was immediately followed by the original by JJ Cale!
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations