Le Mans 2018

Started by GroupC, June 16, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroupC

For anyone else who's into endurance racing, the 24hrs is on now:

Radio Le Mans with full English commentary here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siLs0yOuoXI

Official live timing here: https://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans

In-car with the Toyotas here: https://toyotagazooracing.com/wec/special/2018-2019/lemans-onboard-live.html

In-car with the Ford GTs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKR2ax54op4

all free, all the time.

Enjoy!

And Porsche have reprised their classis pink pig and Rothmans liveries. Excellent.

emjaybee

You're missing the fact that Quest has shown the first hour live, more live action at 10pm this evening and then live finish to the race.

I went a few years ago to watch, and am planning to go again next year.

:beers:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

GroupC

I'm not missing that fact... watched it from 1pm till it stopped hence my later post here! Quest coverage was from Eurosport where it continues for 24hrs if you pay and/or sign up, for those who weren't aware. Radio Le Mans is in my opinion always excellent commentary though so I combined the two.

I went every year from 1989 - 2004, been going to Silverstone's endurance races every year since 1985.. some nostalgic names from "my era"... 962/956... Kouros... Sauber... LC2... Brun... Joest... NewMan... Konrad... Dauer... RLR 962 GTi... XJR series... Panoz... Lister... Hugh Chamberlain... Spice... 905... 911GT1... 787B... 333sp... F1GTRLM...

I could go on! (and on).

Proper cars. Should get back into the habit of going to LM again I feel.

RailGooner

I often miss this - the date won't stick in my mind, and there's no real promotion of it here (in the UK). So thank you @GroupC , for the prod. :beers:

Newportnobby

I'm already going to lose 1 hour of my life to cricket on 5 tonight followed by an hour of cycling on ITV4 and then 4-5 hours of the Catalunya MotoGP tomorrow so I'll pass, but thanks for the heads up.

GroupC

... and then, if you're like me, when the Tour De France starts and you watch it all live (or recorded and "as live") on ITV4 you lose about 5 hours of your life every day for 3 weeks. Most years I'm almost glad when it's over. Almost.

Glad someone else is watching the Women's Tour though!

RailGooner

And don't forget the Shinty Hurling, which can be found right now live on BBC Alba. :claphappy:

GroupC

for a moment there I misread "shinty" for something completely different (and not for this forum) and thought you were saying that hurling wasn't very good.

GroupC

Can I just add that with the Le Mans live stream, if you watch the in-car from one with the sound from another it's very disconcerting / scary when they come up to a corner or backmarker etc and AREN'T SLOWING DOWN... oh yes they are, I just have the wrong sound on.

RailGooner

Quote from: GroupC on June 16, 2018, 05:13:40 PM
for a moment there I misread "shinty" for something completely different (and not for this forum) and thought you were saying that hurling wasn't very good.
:laughabovepost:

I haven't seen enough of any Hurling to have formed an opinion - except perhaps on a Friday/Saturday nights when I was twenty-something.

Was just now browsing the TV guide and came across it - had to have a look to see, and was rewarded with 2 minutes of :smiley-laughing:

Quote from: GroupC on June 16, 2018, 05:16:07 PM
Can I just add that with the Le Mans live stream, if you watch the in-car from one with the sound from another it's very disconcerting / scary when they come up to a corner or backmarker etc and AREN'T SLOWING DOWN... oh yes they are, I just have the wrong sound on.

It's even better scarier at night!

GroupC

You're right... last year I watched the in-car feed from what I remember was the eventual race winner, making up time after its early delay, and I counted it passing 28 cars. In one lap. At night.

RailGooner

outofgauge

For all those interested -i've got a man on the inside lol -young James Swales -shortest man on head on picture -right rear wheel gun man on car no.#5  -comes every year for his Xmas dinner at mine ! Sent these

and finally some of the team and the chateaux there took over for the duration lol

Put them on for any more petrol heads that do n gauge as a hobby !
Enjoy !
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Newportnobby

Quote from: GroupC on June 16, 2018, 04:38:27 PM
... and then, if you're like me, when the Tour De France starts and you watch it all live (or recorded and "as live") on ITV4 you lose about 5 hours of your life every day for 3 weeks. Most years I'm almost glad when it's over. Almost.

Oh yes. The TdF is on the calendar :)

outofgauge

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 16, 2018, 08:44:27 PM
Quote from: GroupC on June 16, 2018, 04:38:27 PM

Oh yes. The TdF is on the calendar :)

Here too every year since we got married (23years) it's compulsive viewing !

Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations