making custom decals...

Started by bluedepot, October 12, 2017, 08:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

hi everyone

is anyone in here any good at making custom decals?  or even just any good with graphics and printing good quality colour on thin paper might do the trick?

so don't tell anyone, but i have some ho gauge model trains too...

anyway i need some Region Bretagne / Rannvro Breizh logos for the side of an SNCF x2100 TER Bretagne railcar...

This is a pic of the real thing (link below), it's the blue squares with logos on I need decals for... (I don't see any on french model train websites)...

http://krypt0nx.free.fr/Photos%20de%20Trains/BRETAGNE/En%20Gare/slides/A%20Redon,%20X%202114%20le%2002.05.2008.html

anyway if anyone can help or has a good suggestions please reply!

I can pay for materials / postage if anyone is able to make them, and there are some graphics for the logos online it seems (I searched Region Bretagne / Rannvro Breizh and they came up).  I was going to put two in Breton language one side and two in french on the other side (don't want to offend either language community...)

Thanks in advance!

Tim

:helpneededsign:

ntpntpntp

Google came up with a recent past auction lot (Sept 2017) by French ebay seller lesoscars38, for some HO decals including the Region Bretagne logo (but not the Rannvro Breizh text) .  Might be worth contacting them, seems to sell custom decals so may have or be able to produce what you want?

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/KIT-DECOR-TRAIN-HO-DECALCOMANIES-LOGO-TER-CORAIL-REGION-BRETAGNE-/222642378966?hash=item33d68518d6:g:7IMAAOSw1ZBUt~12
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

bluedepot

cheers i messaged that seller now

hopefully they have some of these logos they can sell me

i stupidly never looked on ebay.fr - i just searched on ebay.co.uk but included listing from worldwide - but i realise now that excludes some domestic only french sellers...

cheers

tim

terrysoham

If you have no luck, I'll have a go at making some for you using my ink jet printer.
It's not that difficult providing you can let me have a high resolution picture of what you want.
Let me know.
Terry Metcalfe
Ely and District Model Railway Club
Owner of High Lodge logging railway (009) and in the process of building a new layout based on Soham in 1944

bluedepot

many thanks for your kind offer terry.   it looks the ebay seller from france has some to sell me though so i think i am fixed up now - i've requested an invoice from him for some.  they seem to be the right logos i need, hoping they are not ones for the more modern units and are the right size for my railcar.   thank god for google translate!

best wishes

tim

ntpntpntp

Quote from: bluedepot on October 12, 2017, 09:19:07 PM
i stupidly never looked on ebay.fr - i just searched on ebay.co.uk but included listing from worldwide - but i realise now that excludes some domestic only french sellers...

I simply ran a google image search for "region bretagne HO décalcomanie" and a likely looking sheet showed up half way down the first page, which turned out to be the auction lot I linked to.

Sounds like you're getting it sorted, hope they're the correct dimensions for the model!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

bluedepot

ok cheers

you have more internet searching sense than me then i think!

tim

bluedepot

me#de me#de me#de!!!! 

so near yet so far... unfortunately the decals were the wrong size... so annoyed... i did say they were for an x2100 railcar as well when i contacted the seller, but the 'region bretagne' logos are much bigger and more square, i can only assume these are actually for corail coaches or something...???!!!  unfortunately they are not usable at all on this railcar.

I have added the sncf and ter logos.  sncf one looks good.   ter one still drying.  i used humbrol decalfix.  hopefully these will be ok though!  it's just the region bretagne logos i need (and 'rannvro breizh' in breton language)...

so anyway, terry, if you feel like custom decal making can i send you some measurements and pictures please?

i am not deterred, this railcar will be detailed as i want it!!!

Tim

terrysoham

Tim,
I have sent you a private message.

Regards

Terry Metcalfe
Ely and District Model Railway Club
Owner of High Lodge logging railway (009) and in the process of building a new layout based on Soham in 1944

bluedepot

this is what it looks like so far,  ter and sncf logos added at each end, driver at ter end...

just the region bretagne logos to add!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations