Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo2k

Unless your a petrol head, you might not get this post.
Just put a battery in the golf (well apart from the dead lift in and out).
doesnt sound like much but its the first time ive been able to work on my own car in 4 months and im usually in the garage every eve! Havent been able to get to the ground padlock for ages! just cant bend!

another plus is ive spotted a glass bottle with pure water in it, this has not cracked, so im hoping that all my waterbased chems are ok, otherwise ill have to bin a load. This isnt usually a problem as im in there so much it keeps the temps above freezing. Must have been a reasonably mild winter.

This means im one step closer to being mobile again! Seeing the project car in there, all dusty and sporting a "surface rust" finish put me on a bit of a downer, turns out that in 06-07 I was quite generous to the ol' taxman, Carma being what it is means that the rebate should cover 90% of the standalone engine management cost!
This gets me one step closer to 500 ponies in a morris minor! (and thats one step closer to seriously embarasing some local hoodalums ;D
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Bikeracer

Finally got a run of continuous track down this afternoon,so I'll be spending the evening running in three new locos . :thumbsup:

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

MinZaPint

Got "Boxhill" my little Terrier back from BR lines today, running a treat. downside I'm going to have to pay up! Moral of story, test run a loco as soon as you can, I bought ths one nearly 2 years before I got any track laid. Although I live in Dorset now I mispent (heck had a great time) at Boxhill living just 10 miles away 60's music camping out at nights can't mention the girls incase HID is monitoring! Now it's all fenced off and they call that progress!!!

Here she is in all her glory with a couple of train fair bargains awaiting a repaint.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Tank

I managed to get a temporary loop put down today and ran in my 4CEP and 5WES.   :)  The cab end bogies hit the bottom of the nose ends which derails the 5WES from time to time. ::)  I can sort this out by moving the bogies back a little.

Anyway, glad to have a loop again. :thumbsup:

longbridge

Good for you Chris they always look better when they are moving  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

cookiescrumble

Got my contract through from South West Trains, which has been signed and sent back to them!

Start on the 30th January, if anyone passes through the Gateline at Southampton Central don't forget to say hi  :wave:.

Lawrence

Fantastic news mate, chuffed for you  :beers:

Newportnobby

Quote from: cookiescrumble on January 24, 2012, 08:25:13 AM
Got my contract through from South West Trains, which has been signed and sent back to them!

Start on the 30th January, if anyone passes through the Gateline at Southampton Central don't forget to say hi  :wave:.

Many congratulations :thumbsup:

polo2k

well played.

keep an eye open for the getto smurfs trying to get past. (you get bonus points if they are in a hoodie!)
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on January 24, 2012, 11:54:17 AM

Many congratulations :thumbsup:

Best of luck in your new job......... :thumbsup:

Jerry Howlett

Having spent 31 years in railway servitude I wish you all the best and trust you get as much enjoyment from the job as I did. I hope the railway camaradre still exists.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Mustermark

Congratulations cookiescrumble! :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

This would have initially been in the angry thread.  I woke up this morning and picked up my little boy, and I've aggrevated my back.  Horrible pains!  I made a coffee, and took two co-codamols on an empty stomach.  I'm now VERY happy if you know what I mean! ;D :angel:

Lawrence

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 09:50:21 AM
This would have initially been in the angry thread.  I woke up this morning and picked up my little boy, and I've aggrevated my back.  Horrible pains!  I made a coffee, and took two co-codamols on an empty stomach.  I'm now VERY happy if you know what I mean! ;D :angel:

When you start seeing green & orange striped hippopotamusses, wearing purple tutus runing funny looking red, white & blue trains on your layout, you know you probably over done it  ;)

I tried co-codamol for my back, on both occassions I blacked out and Della found me unconscious on the floor, I had no recolection of either event  :(

Tank

Wow!  :o  You do know that you only take two at a time?!!!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations