:heart2: :heart2: :heart2: Watching Rafa Nadal  :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Well, everyone deserves a (second?) hobby.  :D

Dave G

Tank

Crystal Palace have been promoted back to the Premiership! :laugh3:

scotsoft

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2013, 09:56:22 PM
Crystal Palace have been promoted back to the Premiership! :laugh3:

Did that not burn down years ago  ???  >:D  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Technically, that's referred as 'The Crystal Palace'.   :nerner:

Bealman

Well I'm glad you sporty lot are happy, I'm just happy Sunderland stay up... Di Canio did a good job but he will need to do a serious squad overhaul or they'll be struggling again
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

sean Half-pint works

what makes me happy... hmmm where to start..

:NGaugeForum: (about the friendliest of the rail forums I frequent!)

CHEESSEE

my cat, dogs and ponies

anything mechanical...

RC stuffs

Bigger trains

1:1 scale trains

and music....

XD im easy to please... except when the cat is sleeping in such a possition I can barely get my laptop on my lap and end up typing with the thing ballanced on the end of my knee!  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Sean

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2013, 01:32:55 AM
I'm just happy Sunderland stay up... Di Canio did a good job but he will need to do a serious squad overhaul or they'll be struggling again
Well, he's pretty much guaranteed some of the out-of-contract bods will go (not that there was any doubt, but now they have an excuse other than "I want more money & I want it NOW !"), and that some waverers will ask to be listed ...

OTOH (and politics specifically excluded), he seems to have no problems in calling things as he sees them and smacking the prima donnas down !  Good luck to him.  The only down side to that is - most of the other prima donnas he may be interested in won't want to risk the same treatment !

Mike
(yup, another Mackem)

Bealman

Good one, Mike!  :thumbsup: Interesting comment with probably an element of truth. But the real truth is, when it comes to me, I live along way away and I follow Sunderland from a distance and therefore really just a hobby, like model railways. However, Wembley 1973 will always be the highlight of my life!

Good thoughts, though, mate!!

:beers: Cheers, George.

MikeDunn

Rarely went to the matches, despite living reasonably close to Roker Park (was on the "rail walk" path that the opposing fans had to take to get to the ground); but I recall the Sunday night back in '73, standing on the corner of Fulwell Road / Gladstone Street / Roker Baths Road waiting for the bus to bring the team & the Cup  :claphappy:  It felt like the entire town was out along the route to the ground !

Bealman

Hey you and me both, mate. I still have the slides I took of me and me two mates chasing the bus up the newly widened Houghton Cut as the bus went through Houghton-Le-Spring!

:thumbsup: George

Greybeema

Whilst on a sporting theme then:-

Leinster Rugby:-  I have been a Season ticket holder there for many years.  We haven't played as well this year as we did last year in which we won the Heoneken Cup for the third time but this season we have won the Amblin Challenge Cup, the RaboPro12 League an our 'A's have won the British and Irish Cup. 

To cap it all - all of this silverware is arriving in the office here on Friday...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Trainfish

Well I'm glad you sporty lot are happy, I'm just happy Sunderland stay up... Di Canio did a good job but he will need to do a serious squad overhaul or they'll be struggling again

Be prepared to duck if he doesn't get exactly what he wants when he wants it as he can throw his toys a long way. He did a good job for us at Swindon but ultimately most fans are happy he's no longer with us due to him being a bit of a loose cannon. I hope you do ok as I strangely have a soft spot for Sunderland ever since we 'thrashed' you 1-0 at Wembley in the 1990 play-off final  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

scotsoft

Quote from: Trainfish on May 29, 2013, 12:05:49 AM

I hope you do ok as I strangely have a soft spot for Sunderland ever since we 'thrashed' you 1-0 at Wembley in the 1990 play-off final  :P

Hardly a "thrashing", 1 - 0  ???  :P

Bealman

I'd actually forgotten about that....  :whistle:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations