The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Quote from: Andrew.PEI on April 24, 2012, 07:38:12 PM

Then try this for Size- I install satellite TV - Even did my own-  So here we are with a fancy box and a brand new Flat screen tv- 800 channel universe- and all "We" get is "Black & White" - the wife seems hooked on TCM Turner Classic Movies(539 on Shaw).

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:  You couldn't make it up!

Andrew.PEI

Still Happily Married- She Puts Up with my "OOOPS !" when I win {accidently} on Ebay :smiley-laughing:
So I guess all is fair in Love and War :-*
I'm "OUT" -   of my mind-  Please feel free to leave a message

Kipper

Near where I live is a level crossing, placed next to a mini-roundabout. Some clown, from the bit of the railways that deals with it, has decided that the barriers will come down 5 minutes before the train arrives at the crossing. This creates long queues, naturally. When the barriers do go up, everyone who crosses the crossing gets stopped at the roundabout, due to the large queue built up on the other side, and the traffic backs up to the crossing. Then the bells start to ring again.....
If they reduced the waiting time, the queues would be shorter, and the problem would not occur. The next crossing down the line is timed to about 1 minute. Flipping Robin Hood Line.

Andrew.PEI

Been near there   -Missed the fun- Its on my to do list next time in the area..... :evil: I love to chase "Trains" an old trick my dad taught me back in the day- (Last few days of steam). Chasing from place to place to Watch the Big 'uns go by and then racing madly to the next spot down the line :camera:
I'm "OUT" -   of my mind-  Please feel free to leave a message

Malc

Quote from: Andrew.PEI on April 24, 2012, 09:08:31 PM
Been near there   -Missed the fun- Its on my to do list next time in the area..... :evil: I love to chase "Trains" an old trick my dad taught me back in the day- (Last few days of steam). Chasing from place to place to Watch the Big 'uns go by and then racing madly to the next spot down the line :camera:

A friend of mine (sadly departed) was photographing the Flying Scotsman on a run. He did just that, raced to a spot where thought he could see it coming out of a tunnel. Left the car, jumped over a 4 foot hedge, straight into a 3 foot deep ditch. Broke an ankle and missed the picture. He managed to crawl out of the ditch and back into his car and drove to a hospital in absolute agony.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Fratton

Quote from: Kipper on April 24, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
Near where I live is a level crossing, placed next to a mini-roundabout. Some clown, from the bit of the railways that deals with it, has decided that the barriers will come down 5 minutes before the train arrives at the crossing. This creates long queues, naturally. When the barriers do go up, everyone who crosses the crossing gets stopped at the roundabout, due to the large queue built up on the other side, and the traffic backs up to the crossing. Then the bells start to ring again.....
If they reduced the waiting time, the queues would be shorter, and the problem would not occur. The next crossing down the line is timed to about 1 minute. Flipping Robin Hood Line.

you have my sympathy, i live in west sussex we have barriers everywhere round here including the one with a twitter account down the road that taunts motorists, i always findthe one at ford station a nightmare i think its guagemaster have set it up to get me to go in even if i was trying to pass them by!!!!
Charlie.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Kipper on April 24, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
Near where I live is a level crossing, placed next to a mini-roundabout. Some clown, from the bit of the railways that deals with it, has decided that the barriers will come down 5 minutes before the train arrives at the crossing.

More joined up government at work. The railway is responsible for the railway part to the gates. The council and DfT are responsible for the road bit the other side. So there is no mechanism to avoid such idiocies. It's taken years to create a process for trying to stop people jumping crossings by adding additional barriers in the road centre at problem locatios. This is because it requires Network Rail, DfT and local government to talk to one another, and worse yet ... to agree whose budget.

In the mean time they just carry on scraping up the bits and complaining about safety.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pengi

Been soaked to the skin four days running (even came through waterproofs), my waterbutts are overflowing, garden is a bog, pavements are flooded and I have nowhere to put the water I have been recycling.

And it is bucketing down now!

And my area is classified as being in drought until Christmas!!!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scotsoft

Quote from: Pendy on April 26, 2012, 07:56:52 AM
my waterbutts are overflowing,
No no no no no, I am resisting, as it would be too easy to make comment about your waterbutts  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

And it is bucketing down now!
Well here in the NE we are getting it all day, it started yesterday afternoon, I was only out for 15 mins and was soaked through just going to the shop for some basics  :(

Pengi

Quote from: scotsoft on April 26, 2012, 08:54:24 AM
I was only out for 15 mins and was soaked through just going to the shop for some basics[/color]  :(

I know exactly what you mean! When it is not continually raining here it is a mixture of sunshine and showers that become heavy very quickly and guess who manages to get caught in the showers rather than the sunshine . . .

We do need the rain though. I think what irritated me is some of the local media smugly harping on about being in drought, saving water and hosepipe bans - particularly after coming home drenched for the third or fourth time.

Tank

The road floods outside of my house, and the council have to use the gulley suckers every two weeks to clear the drains (too many leaves round here)!  Occasionally the water floods the road, goes into the sub station next door, and into my back garden. ::)  I'm halfway through building a large concrete trench with a sump pump in it, which will squirt out over our back wall.

This is from last year, but Croydon Council don't think there is a problem with their drains as "They seem to clear after an hour of rain".  Huh?! ???

Pengi

Tank, I have just realised how lucky I am, not having to put up with that sort of regular flooding and attitude from the Council. So I'm not so angry now.

MinZaPint

Quote from: Tank on April 26, 2012, 09:39:03 AM

This is from last year, but Croydon Council don't think there is a problem with their drains as "They seem to clear after an hour of rain".  Huh?! ???

Here you go Tank problem solved

Mind you it's Chinese but Dapol can probably get you one  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :wave:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Tank

:smiley-laughing:  A ZBD-97...I'm surprised it's still going as it's Chinese!!!

scotsoft

Quote from: Tank on April 26, 2012, 10:50:11 AM
:smiley-laughing:  A ZBD

...and he said "Time for bed"

I wonder who will remember this classic?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations