OP recognition

Started by ozzie Bill., October 25, 2014, 12:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie Bill.

In opening, I would like to state that I think this is one of the best run forums I have come across. The membership is easy-going and friendly and the Mods keep it that way without being overbearing or patrician, so congratulations to all.
I  belong to another forum, based in the US. There are a couple of small features that I think are really handy on that site and I wonder what the membership here thinks and whether it is worth asking for such features to be included here, if feasible.
The site is nscalenet   http://www.nscale.net/forums/content.php 
Feature 1) The date of the OP is shown, so you can see whether it is a new posting or an older post that has been revived.
2) by hovering over the listing, you can see the first few lines of the post and thus determine whether it is of significant interest. Of course, one can argue that all posts are of interest and should be viewed, but reality suggests that we cannot view all posts. This is a way of highlighting those that are of particular interest.
Would these features further enhance this forum and what do others think and, is it even possible with this platform?
Just my thoughts, Bill.

Bealman

Hi Bill

The features you suggest certainly seem worthwhile. I think the date idea is particularly good, and would not be too difficult to implement.

We'll be looking at your suggestions... thank you for the positive contribution!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

mr magnolia

Hell fire, boy - that's another forum you made me sign up to, just so as I can read all the content!
I see hours more of life disappearing ahead of me
😀
Donald

ozzie Bill.

Hi Donald, yup, there is some good info there, nearly up to scratch with this site! Cheers, Bill.

Tank

Many thanks for the compliment regarding the forum. :thumbsup:

I'll certainly have a look at that forum and the ideas. :thankyousign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations