Not getting notifications

Started by NeMo, October 29, 2014, 11:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeMo

Is it just me? Nothing getting sent to my Gmail account. Have manually subscribed to a couple threads today just to see what happens. Nothing. Usually get the usual email saying someone's added a message to a certain thread or forum since my last visit.

Any ideas?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

NeMo

Turns out that was the problem.

Google had decided Amazon, Facebook, Adobe and N Gauge Forum were all spam, and was quietly putting them in a spam folder instead of sending them to my email client (Mail on OS X).

:thumbsdown:

Just been through and hopefully fixed it. Sheesh!

NeMo

Quote from: Only Me on October 29, 2014, 11:15:12 AM
I'm getting them ok, but don't use GMAIL...
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Tank

Glad you've sorted it out.

We have had trouble with BT recently, but that seems to have rectified itself after a number of complaints from me! ;)

CarriageShed

Uh-oh. I've suddenly stopped getting notifications over the last twenty-four hours (since Sunday 28 Dec, afternoonish, to be precise-ish). I know at least one of the threads I'm following has been active.

austinbob

Quote from: Pete33 on December 29, 2014, 09:52:45 PM
Uh-oh. I've suddenly stopped getting notifications over the last twenty-four hours (since Sunday 28 Dec, afternoonish, to be precise-ish). I know at least one of the threads I'm following has been active.

Might be worth waiting until the new server (as notified by Tank) is up and running Tuesday afternoon (hopefully) before worrying too much about this.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations