Re: Events - See Calendar. IPAD viewing problem

Started by Malc, August 02, 2014, 07:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I use an iPad, and usually have no issues using the full site. However, when I open the calendar, the adverts on the right hand side of the screen obscure/overwrite the last column of events. It makes no difference as to whether you use portrate or landscape.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

Have you tried changing the resolution of your ipad screen Malc?

cheers John.

Malc

You can't adjust the native resolution, but you can zoom in. Doing so makes no difference to the adverts position.

scotsoft

I am at a loss as to what to suggest Malc  :help:

Bealman

Call out Inspector Pengi of the Yard...?  :help:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Geoff

I have just started to use the ipad at home until I get the railway room set up, and the calender is giving me grief also, this must be an easy fix?
Geoff

PLD

Writing web pages for Tablet and Mobile browsers is a black art, and what is right for one often looks odd in others...
I'd try installing a second browser (if Apple will allow it)

I found some sites had 'layout issues' in the standard browser on an Android Tablet so installed Firefox as an alternative browser.

Malc

I tried Firefox on the iPad, still the same error. It just seem like the calendar is just too wide.

Caz

That sounds like it has been coded with a fixed width instead of adjusting automatically, when I used to use Microsoft Front Page to create websites if you weren't careful it would put in hard page widths and anyone viewing them on lo-res screens would have to scroll yards to see the whole page.   :smackedface:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

I think you have put your finger on it Caz, all we need now is someone to fix it.

cjdodd

When iOS8 is out in sep/oct there is an update to Safari that will tell websites that it's a proper browser and not a mobile one, this should help your display issues.

Malc

I tried Firefox, but it has the same problem, so not specifically Safari.

Malc

Now iOS 8 is here, I'd just like to point out that this error still exists in both Safari and Firefox. Any chance of a fix as Sunday is a popular day for exhibitions?

Bealman

Yeah I just had look on me Aldi elcheapo phone here in Australia, Malc.. same prob. I can live with it, but, as you say, it covers Sunday!

Bealman

Having a mighty fine Victoria Bitter at bowling club, by the way.  ;)

Shame about the overloud and out of tune band they have on. :worried: :beers:

George

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations