Road rage.....

Started by Tackleberry, January 14, 2012, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tackleberry

Whilst on the way to my mums today I got involved in road rage....
I pulled up behind a car at a set of traffic lights, the driver got out and tried to open my car door, which I tried to keep open, and started shouting at me then her son got out and threatened me!!!!
So I took their reg. no. down and phoned 101, and being where I was had a choice of 3 police forces, Hampshire, Surrey or Thames Valley, but as it happened the road I was on "belonged" to Thames Valley, so I gave a description and the reg. no. to the police and their sending an officer around tomorrow to get a statement......
As far as I know I did absolutely nothing wrong other than pull up behind her   :evil:
The police said with the info and descriptions I gave they'll be able to follow this up as they said on the phone theres no such thing as road rage but bad driving or assault and they class this as verbal assault!!!

Mustermark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

longbridge

These things should not happen the world is getting worse when it comes to crackpots, you did the right thing contacting the Police because you may have saved someone else copping abuse.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tackleberry on January 14, 2012, 08:12:39 PM
I pulled up behind a car at a set of traffic lights, the driver got out and tried to open my car door, which I tried to keep open, and started shouting at me then her son got out and threatened me!!!!

Who said women are the fairer sex ::) In my experience it's usually a bloke who gets road rage but, hey, I s'pose we all lose our cool now and then but my temper is always expressed in the car in either foul language or single digit gesticulation. I would never dream of getting out of the car and hurling abuse. I never even did that when some fool ran into the back of my car.

longbridge

Quote from: newportnobby on January 14, 2012, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: Tackleberry on January 14, 2012, 08:12:39 PM

Who said women are the fairer sex ::) In my experience it's usually a bloke who gets road rage but, hey, I s'pose we all lose our cool now and then but my temper is always expressed in the car in either foul language or single digit gesticulation. I would never dream of getting out of the car and hurling abuse. I never even did that when some fool ran into the back of my car.

Crikey Nobby you are gamer than me I just swear to myself these days, don't give the finger anymore just in case some thug shoves it where the sun don't shine.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

I always remember when my niece was 7, I was giving her and her mum a lift one day and she asked 'Uncle Mick - what's a d**khead?' When I asked her where she'd heard that she replied 'Mummy says it all the time in the car' :smiley-laughing:

hairygit

Seen plenty of road rage as a coach driver, and it's certainly getting worse! A lot of motorists (let's NOT call them drivers!) are completely ignorant of the highway code and the general rules of the road. Down here in Devon a lot of our A roads are single carraigeway, and people don't seem to realise that although cars are allowed to do 60mph, buses and coaches are only allowed to do 50mph, and articulated lorries are only allowed to do 40mph. This results in a lot of impatient motorists taking dangerous risks overtaking lorries and coaches, with a lot of serious head on collisions. 9 times out of 10, these impatient people are holidaymakers, often with kids in the car, and what's the rush, they're on holiday?  ??? The 1 in 10 others tend to be people who think "I didn't pay £40,000 for my BMW/Merc etc to sit behind a stinking lorry/bus" These people are some of the most aggressive I have ever encountered, they will do absolutely anything to get past, with no consideration for oncoming traffic, often with appaling disregard for their own or anyone elses safety, and all too often we have to compensate for these morons actions >:(  I must admit, it's got to the point now that I get a morbid satisfaction when I see someone behave like this, then a mile or two down the road see them wrapped around a tree :evil:
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Newportnobby

Not that I would wish an accident on anyone, but as a Sales Rep (yeh - all mouth and motorway) driving several thousands of miles a year I do see some seriously poor driving on all kinds of road, usually by people you would consider experienced or by people who have no idea how to drive on a motorway. I don't think any one section of drivers is particularly to blame. My attitude is better safe than sorry and I always allow plenty of time to get where I'm going as I'd rather sit for ½ an hour outside the customers premises than be driving dangerously to hit an appointment. As a Rep I've driven the equivalent of going to the moon and back twice, and have always had a clean licence. I want to keep it that way.

edwin_m

Overtaken by a Range Rover last week on my own road, while I was signalling right for the driveway, driving past a primary school and doing the permitted limit of 30mph...

cookiescrumble

On my first ever motorway journey, I was cruising along in the middle lane and got undertook by some d**khead in a massive range rover who must of been doing at least 90.

About 10 miles later, saw the same range rover parked up in the hard shoulder with a police car parked up behind it  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:.

hairygit

Don't get me started on motorway driving! Yes, Range Rover drivers are complete idiots, and worse still, Discovery drivers with 20 foot caravans! Coaches have speed limiters fitted, max 62 mph, yet the limit for cars towing is 60mph, lost count of the number of times I have been doing 62, and been overtaken by Landrover Discovery with said caravan doing probably 80+mph, then 10 miles down the M4 or 5 being held up for hours while the motorway wombles clear up the now wrecked car/caravan. Just before xmas on the M5 I was overtaken by  Discovery, towing a horsebox, with a young ponytailed girl driving it past Gordano services, got down to just before Weston super Mare junction to find the traffic crawling, said Discovery on it's roof facing the wrong way, and bits of dead horse all over the carraigeway, I was carrying a group of schoolchildren, not a nice sight for them either :thumbsdown:
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Dock Shunter

What i don't understand is why someone can take driving lessons and pass their test without once going on a motorway and then drive on the fastest stretches of road in the country without any experience........
Oh and people driving in the middle lane whilst overtaking nothing forcing other drivers into the outside lane really P@#s me off..........

cookiescrumble

I did motorway lessons with my driving instructor after passing my test. Although it was only 2 hours, I couldn't imagine driving on the motorway without that guidance!

One of the most dangerous thing I have witnessed on a motorway is someone stuck in the middle lane doing no more than 50mph!  :o

Calnefoxile

Quote from: cookiescrumble on January 15, 2012, 12:35:51 PM
On my first ever motorway journey, I was cruising along in the middle lane and got undertook by some d**khead in a massive range rover who must of been doing at least 90.

About 10 miles later, saw the same range rover parked up in the hard shoulder with a police car parked up behind it  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:.

Cookies,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why were you 'cruising along in the middle lane'. If you'd been in the inside lane then the Range Rover driver wouldn't have had to undertake you!!!!! I know he was speeding and that is probably the reason why he was pulled, not for undertaking.

CLOD's or Centre Lane Only Drivers are the only people who really do p155 me off big style. I always pull over to the inside lane whenever I can, and I do 'cruise' along at about 80 useing my cruise control, and the amount of times I have to cross from the inside lane to the 2nd overtaking lane and back to the inside lane is ridiculous.

TGhe Police should be pulling these people over and doing them for 'driving without due car and attention', but the lack of Traffic Plod and the reliance on cameras is one of the reasons these idiots get away with it.

Right I'll get of my high horse now.  ;) ;)

Regards

Neal.

P.S. I'm like Newportbobby and travel many many miles in a year, but as a Field Service Engineer.

Oldman

What gets me is all the young boy racers who pull up alongside me and think they can entice me into  racing them, just because I am pottering along in the slow lane trying to conserve fuel(Keeping it off boost) and just under the legal speed limit but knowing I have the power if I need it to get past something, unless a four lane stretch  aka M25 round the Heathrow/Staines area when I use lane 2 or 3 depending on how busy it is with lorries.
I always thought the middle lane was for overtaking anyway. The outside lane for the suicide drivers.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations