Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Exile

Quote from: scruff on March 04, 2017, 08:34:53 PM
Quote from: Western Exile on March 04, 2017, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: scruff on March 04, 2017, 07:46:35 PM
That was a good price, Have you got the class 24 to go with them?

Cheers
Mark

No, I haven't but I'm toying with the idea of getting one when the new Farish release appears. Or I might just Rule 1 it and hook them up to whatever takes my fancy.

That wouldn't be rule one, I believe the RTC used to grab whatever traction they could find for their test trains..
A single prototype HST power car would go well too!

Cheers
Mark

Thanks for that. I've tried to find pictures of trains with these coaches but I haven't found any yet with anything other than the 24/46 locos they had.
(not Dr.) Al

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bealman

Very nice indeed. Particularly like the prototype Deltic!  :thumbsup:

Nice rake of coaches there, too Western Exile!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

johnlambert

Some new arrivals:

Peco tool van in departmental yellow

Departmental BCK

I also have a yellow CCT, I think they make a nice little train

Testing the Great Western patent invisible OLE (copyright Rail Squid).  I found a Virgin livery Graham Farish BR Mk2 brake second (Virgin Mk2s aren't easy to find) to join the Class 90 and Virgin Mk3.

dannyboy

I have not posted in this section before, but I had to show off my latest purchase. It is the Kato Kumoha 52.

I bought the engine with three coaches, plus an additional set of two coaches - six in total - I could not fit them all in the one photograph  :goggleeyes:. The set came with a DCC sound chip fitted and lights in three of the carriages, along with the original Kato 'bookcase' boxes and were described as 'as new'. I am very, very pleased with the purchase, (in fact you could say I was 'chuffed', even though it is an electric engine), especially as I got the lot for less than £150  :o. Reminder to self - get on with wiring up the layout!  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

gc4946

I've bought very few models, but here are two N Gauge Society's exclusives:

Thompson BG in teak and Collett BG in chocolate/cream (Great [crest] Western)

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

paulprice

I have just taken delivery of a new LMS inspection saloon, for a bargain price

Just need to get the layout set up so I can play with it, ERRRR I mean give it some serious testing

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on March 14, 2017, 09:35:59 PM
I have just taken delivery of a new LMS inspection saloon

Presumably in that instance, LMS stands for Let Me See  :-X

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Yet_Another

I've just run-in and installed a decoder in this little beauty:

Runs as sweet as a nut, and was a breeze to install the decoder. If I weren't so heavily committed to blue diesels, I could be tempted to revert to my teenage ambitions of a GWR/LMS joint line.

This was bought from Track Shack at the weekend, from whom I had most excellent service, to go with the two maroon autocoaches I sort of had to have. If you know what I mean. ;)

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Western Exile

Quote from: escafeld on March 15, 2017, 06:42:24 PM
Postie delivered a quintet of peaks today  :D

Very nice. Are 2 and 5 the same model? And where did you find them? (if you don't mind me asking).
(not Dr.) Al

Les1952

No pics yet but two more A1s.

One will become SILURIAN and the other AULD REEKIE.

On the debit side A1 KENILWORTH has failed again. It has already spent more time with BR Lines than it has with me.  This time the worm has come adrift from the motor shaft.  As Bob is on holiday it is going to DCC Supplies for fixing.

At least the other pair both ran at Leamington show without failing, though we did change off MEG MERRILEES when I realised that all of the A2s were still in the stock box.

Les

paulprice

Quote from: Les1952 on March 17, 2017, 12:10:26 AM
No pics yet but two more A1s.

One will become SILURIAN and the other AULD REEKIE.

On the debit side A1 KENILWORTH has failed again. It has already spent more time with BR Lines than it has with me.  This time the worm has come adrift from the motor shaft.  As Bob is on holiday it is going to DCC Supplies for fixing.

At least the other pair both ran at Leamington show without failing, though we did change off MEG MERRILEES when I realised that all of the A2s were still in the stock box.

Les

How many have you got in the flet now, just a thought but perhaps if you changed to more dependable LMS motive power you might notice a drop in shop time :) just a thought :)

Les1952

There are 5 A1s, one of which is an excellent runner with one weak one, one that prefers to be in the repair shop and the two new ones yet to be fully assessed.

There are three A2s, all reliable runners, of which two are very weak.  The strong one takes turn about with the good A1, A4s and any A3 lamped for express while the two weak ones share a short parcels train with the V2.

There are 9 A4s, all reliable runners, though two don't like one of my turnouts.

There are 15 A3s, the real workhorses of the fleet.  These work the heaviest fast goods (with one of the A4s) or share the express turns - depending on how the loco is lamped.

In addition six Dapol B1s take the heaviest parcels or work tender-first on a heavy coal train.  A Farish B1 couldn't cope with the parcels and has been sold on.   Heavy goods is also handled by two farish J39/2, one UM J39/1 and five UM J25/J26/J27.  Three WDs handle lighter goods as they won't pull the heavier ones......

There are two Ivatt 2MTs in the fleet which share inspection saloon duties- mostly because the NE Region considered them as weedy weaklings ( they were much less powerful that J25s they were supposed to replace) and got rid of them at the earliest opportunity.  The irony here is that the models are quite capable of taking the heaviest parcels train (but not the heavy fitted goods).  No other Farish steamer I have had comes anywhere near them- including a Duchess, a new type Black 5 and a Standard 5MT, all of which are still in the fleet.

I gave up after three attempts to get a Fairburn tank that would run straight.  4Fs were very rare North of York, though one or two came into my chosen area to be scrapped.

Note about LMS vs LNER.  When the LMR applied its accounting system to the B1, A4 and A1 they found that they were considerably cheaper to run and repair than the equivalent LMS types.  An attempt to reboiler B1s with a Stanier boiler was vetoed when it was realised that it would add too much weight and restrict their sphere of operation too much. 

Les

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations