Why Did You Choose to Model N Gauge?.

Started by longbridge, November 22, 2011, 10:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Webbo on May 01, 2016, 11:32:29 AM
Great stuff NPN. I loved this show when I was a kid.

Webbo

Lots of episodes on YouTube but it's awfully dated now :(

Bealman

MK2 what?  ???

Sorry, not entirely familiar with Japanese practice, although I am very interested.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

BR Mk2a coaches, I presume.

Maybe a bit futuristic for your tastes ;) but I would guess the batch which came over last year has probably all vanished by now (some of it in my direction  :beers: ).

paulprice

Whats N gauge is it as good as 00???  ;) ;) ;)

Unclealbo

The post should say What's N gauge.  It's an obvious answer, N gauge is for clever people who know where to stick their apostrophies. The alternative answer is that it's the same as 00 but less toy like and only for very skilled people with a wide selection of reading glasses and/or magnifying glasses :laugh:
Allan

bob lawrence

I have been building a oo gauge for about 18 months and now only need 'bits and pieces' as well as having a few buildings that still need completing so wanted a new project. My oo layout is in the partially converted loft, i.e. Velux window properly strengened floor but no dormer so limited space, hence a n gauge, as this also has to go in the loft.
Have chosen a layout and am part way on laying the track. As yet only have a dapol wagon kit put together but not yet painted. As it's my birthday in a few days, and have asked for money, I have been looking at diesel locos and have chosen these three, not yet deciding which one.
All Dapol - class 26 1st choice, Hymek class 35 2nd choice and class 22 third.
Any thoughts?

Newportnobby

Hi Bob, and welcome to the forum :wave:

In green the class 35 and 22 were pure Western region locos but the class 26 would have been visiting from the Eastern region early in their lives but were then transferred up to Scotland. This only applies to D5300-D5319 (I think) as the rest were pure Scottish region locos. If you run Rule 1 then this would not be an issue.

Some of the box shifters like Rails of Sheffield have the class 22 on offer at present :thumbsup:

Caz

Welcome on board Bob, great to have you join us.  I'm mainly steam but do have a couple of Class 22's on the layout, lovely little engines which both run very smooth and great if you're a GW fan.

:welcomesign:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

bob lawrence

Thanks for all replies, bit of a change, decided on Graham Farish weathered class 25/1 D5222. Bought from  Kernow Model Rail Center as we are on holiday in Cornwall, staying at Chacewater caravan site, just liked it's look.

port perran

Quote from: Bob Lawrence on May 18, 2016, 08:01:55 AM
Thanks for all replies, bit of a change, decided on Graham Farish weathered class 25/1 D5222. Bought from  Kernow Model Rail Center as we are on holiday in Cornwall, staying at Chacewater caravan site, just liked it's look.
Enjoy Cornwall (sorry it's raining right now). We live 5 miles along the road from where you are staying.
Have fun.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

bob lawrence

Enjoy Cornwall (sorry it's raining right now). We live 5 miles along the road from where you are staying.
Have fun.

Have looked at your links and look brilliant. As I am so close was wondering if I could come along and have a look? In the event I can, we are setting off early Saturday to journey home so Thursday or Friday evening if convenient.
Regards
Bob

port perran

Hi Bob. That sounds good.
I'll send you a Personal Message.

port perran

Hi Bob
It was really good to meet up with you and Annette on Friday.
Hope you had a safe trip back up North.
Martin

bob lawrence

Yes back home safe and sound. Thanks again for letting us come and have a look. Was very impressed with the detail has given me some good ideas, especially incorporating water I have just the place at one end. Good also to be able to see my class 25 running, didn't realise it had directional lights. Annette was Also taken with Lorraine's, she has said she might start one of her own!!! watch this space.
Have been working to complete laying my track and running my 25, which runs very well.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Lawrence on May 27, 2016, 06:41:02 PM

Have been working to complete laying my track and running my 25, which runs very well.

Oh dear, Bob.
PlayiRunning trains normally causes all other progress to slow dramatically. Just don't ask how I know that ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations