Southern Nouveau an essay in concrete

Started by exmouthcraig, January 11, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

Evening all, a wonderful book compiled by George Reeve in 1987, in 4 years FINALLY a copy has appeared on Amazon for the sum of £153 in NEW condition

I'm just wondering if anyone our there actually has a copy???

Southernboy

No, but I wish I had.

That does seem a lot to pay - but at the end of the day it's about how much you want something :)

I heard a new edition was proposed 'in the near future' - but that was a couple of years ago - not sure what the status is now.

I've been hanging on for that  :confused1:

exmouthcraig

I did clock that the original title page had the number 1 in a black star and at on 48 pages believed there had to be more, it would hopefully answer a few questions we have relating to our layout so might just have to bite the bullet, the wife doesn't need to know, does she???  :worried:

austinbob

Amazon also have used like new copy for £50...
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

kerrcophony

I've been looking for a copy for years, but lately have realised I am some considerable way off my dream layout of WR Hydraulics running through Southern Nouveau concrete stations, so it can wait.  I see Nick Tozer Railway Books have one for under £20, so you might want to grab it while you can.
I get a bit delayed in the Waiting Room

exmouthcraig

I did contact nick some time ago about his copy for £20 and he said that it was sold and hadn't updated the website so looks like I'll be tracking the £50 one down

austinbob

Its on the same Amazon page as your £153 copy.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

exmouthcraig

Sweet, purchased and on its way

Fingers crossed it was worth it  :worried:

austinbob

Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 11, 2017, 10:06:53 PM
Sweet, purchased and on its way

Fingers crossed it was worth it  :worried:
Enjoy.....    :beers:

Bob Austin

exmouthcraig

Hopefully I will, if it turns out to be tat it will appear on the "free to good home" section on here

exmouthcraig

Changing the subject somewhat, what do we reckon the possibilities of an NGF library where we all help each other out with photocopies or email attachments relating to various books we all own? I know that we could arrange this through PM but if we could compile a list of books and members who were wanting to join and obviously help each other with what they might need to send just them pages or is this just a too bigger task or even wanted?  I don't know if it's been suggested before whether it already exists or just not allowed.

??????

Snowwolflair

Fraught with copyright difficulties and we don't want Tank put in the tank  :goggleeyes:

Th odd request for help and PM responses are probably safe enough.

Sprintex

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 12, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Fraught with copyright difficulties and we don't want Tank put in the tank  :goggleeyes:

Hit the nail on the head :thumbsup:

Paul

exmouthcraig

Yeah that's what I thought once started writing the vast amount of time to find what someone would want and get it to them would be unbelievable.

Plus definitely don't want issues relating to copyright infringement and headaches for tank!!!

exmouthcraig

Well I was lucky enough to get chance to race to the post office today to collect the long awaited highly anticipated book. Only one word for me describes it............

A      MAY      ZIN

We all know a picture paints a thousand words and some photos are close to 100 years old now but the detail and knowledge that we can collect from them is fantastic.

If you ever get the chance to get a copy it will be a very decent book to waste a few hours in. Glad I paid £50 but for me now I have it I would pay £153 as well

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations