what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 10, 2012, 12:16:25 PM
Awesome... a cover that beats the original flat

It's very good, but I disagree.  :)

Malc

Wouldn't necessarily say it beats the original, but it is certainly as good. What about this version?

Weird Al Yankovic - Enter Napster (Metallica Parody)

Malc
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on April 10, 2012, 02:22:03 PM

It's very good, but I disagree.  :)

Sorry EP, but I have to agree with Tank. I tend to find that rarely is the original bettered unless it is a vastly different version, such as House of the Rising Sun by Frijid Pink (purely my opinion of course ;))

Geoff

Next doors alarm at work its driving me round the bend roll on 4-30 when I can go home.

:thumbsdown:
Geoff

keerout

Quote from: Geoff on April 10, 2012, 04:10:58 PM
Next doors alarm at work its driving me round the bend roll on 4-30 when I can go home.

If I understand correctly, it should switch off after 20 min. by law, after that it is a nuisance by the same law and you can call the cops to turn it off....
( i think, I'm dutch, but I think it is in your laws
Gerard.

Newportnobby

It's certainly the law for private residences but I'm not so sure about businesses ???

keerout

Quote from: newportnobby on April 10, 2012, 09:34:36 PM
It's certainly the law for private residences but I'm not so sure about businesses ???
As we say in Holland; if you never shoot, you always miss....
G.

Geoff

Quote from: keerout on April 10, 2012, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: Geoff on April 10, 2012, 04:10:58 PM

If I understand correctly, it should switch off after 20 min. by law, after that it is a nuisance by the same law and you can call the cops to turn it off....
( i think, I'm dutch, but I think it is in your laws
Gerard.

Its a new business that has moved in and just had the alarm fitted last week, when he is in I will let him know it never turned its self off, I will give him benefit of doubt this time.
Geoff

keerout

I think he's got a good & friendly neighbor.   :thumbsup:
Gerard

Geoff

Quote from: keerout on April 10, 2012, 10:31:24 PM
I think he's got a good & friendly neighbor.   :thumbsup:
Gerard

No good making enemies life is to short.
Geoff

4x2

I'm currently listening to 'Rainbow - Rising' what an awesome album !!!  :thumbsup: :music: :thumbsup:

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on April 10, 2012, 09:34:36 PM

In the UK it is a requirement for burglar alarms to do so. It is not (for various reasons) a requirement for some fire alarms to do so. In fact some must not !

We had this problem as our house was once a student slumhole and the old fire alarm system was for a full multi occupancy property. Really annoyed our neighbours, although a couple of years later their system did it back to us so we are now even and I think both see the funny side of it. Both those fire alarms have since been removed and replaced by modern ordinary home fire alarms.

Enforcement (including drilling out doors, entering property etc) is local council environmental health handled usually, and the enforcement team have quite strong powers. It's a route I'm glad neither we or our neighbouring business went down or we'd have spent the past few years far worse off !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

SymonC

Jeff Wayne's Musical version of the War of the Worlds  :)

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations