Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevieboy

Being the superstitious type I now dare not show a loco on here until it's been owned a few days, but anyway, here it is 5MT Mk4. Special thanks to Ollie for his patience!

Bealman

They are very good. I have never heard of Minimetals. Is it an American firm?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

Quote from: bealman on March 07, 2013, 08:52:09 PM

It is, I have a few of their models and they are all excellent.

Bealman

Oooh, yes. They are nice. And that's a lovely loco, stevieboy, lovely colour, too! After your bad experiences with the Class 14, I don't blame you for holding off a few days!

upnick

Quote from: bealman on March 07, 2013, 08:52:09 PM

Hi Bealman   as John  says they are great models  i   have several   of their turcks similar to the ones John has with  some of  the same era but with trailers if i  can find them  i'll take a couple of snaps   ;)   

Also  nice if you can finds  them  are Ertl's Dick  Tracy cars i  managed to get a set of four for  around  £4.50  although they can command a premium  at times.   

upnick

Quote from: stevieboy on March 06, 2013, 07:02:17 PM
My NGS EWS Queen Mary Brake arrived today, it looks so regal!

Can't wait to hook it up (probably incorrectly) to my Seacow & OCA mixed rake.

Hi  Stevieboy,     

How much are these   wagons as  i'm interested in the bauxite  ones  cant find anything on their site at all  price  wise accuratley .........  only an   estimation  when   pre orders where being taken.   

Tank

The Queen Mary's are £19.95.  They're lovely runners!  I have a bauxite which will be repainted, plus a CE Dutch and BR Olive.

upnick

stevieboy

As Tank says, 19.95 plus 4.00 p&p.

Hoping to test the running tonight but an initial roll showed that they go forever!

longbridge

Picked up these two nice little locos today for $50au - 35GBP each, I was told that they are old bodies on newer mechanisms, regardless they came with a 3 month refund repair or replace warranty  :thumbsup:

Very quiet and smooth running with good slow speed control  :thumbsup:

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Being a sucker for green diseasels I think you've done very well there, Dave :thumbsup:

Bealman

I'll say you have, Dave! Top buy. Impeccable photography too, as usual. Green is the colour! I notice you've changed your profile picture too.  :thumbsup:

swisstony

Four intermodal wagons for £40 at huntingdon show, not a bad price to run behind my newly repaired 66

Bealman

Bit modern for me, but looks like you got a good deal. What make are they, please? Good pic, too - the camera angle gives an impression of power. I can quite imagine that train powering on through there.  :thumbsup:

swisstony

Quote from: bealman on March 10, 2013, 09:50:42 PM
Bit modern for me, but looks like you got a good deal. What make are they, please? Good pic, too - the camera angle gives an impression of power. I can quite imagine that train powering on through there.  :thumbsup:

Hiya, they are Graham Farish intermodal, picture pretty poor on my Iphone unfortunately. One day ill borrow my friends camera and take some better shots :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations