Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstone

I'm glad that she is out of hospital and back at home, so give her my best wishes and I hope that all will be well

Regards,

Alex

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: steve836 on September 22, 2018, 04:28:19 PM
Quote from: Jerry Howlett on September 22, 2018, 03:11:01 PM
One of those **** moments.
Mrs "H" slipped on the last stair of our spiral staircase on Tuesday, so after 3 days in the wonderful local Hospital she is resident in our living room for the next 35 Days with an ankle broken in 3 places.  Not a happy bunny...  So the progress on the layout has come to an immediate full stop as I really need to be within shouting distance.
She cannot even leave the house as there is a long flight of stairs to negotiate from our front door to the adjacent road.  I may however begin to start an escape tunnel in the direction of the local Bar...  Just in case!

Perhaps a baby alarm between Mrs H and the railway room?

ALEXA has this capability...  and it's corresponding "device" is called Train room, simples you would think..  Until Mrs "H" calls them Alisa,Alossa, Alfie, finally female dog (changed by forum)..   Alas the Amazon programme does not permit the latter title. 
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: steve836 on September 22, 2018, 04:28:19 PM

Mrs H will be chewing the carpet if she's stuck in one room for 5 weeks... I hope you are a good cook!

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Chris

Luckily I am the Chef in the house...  well for evening meals anyway.  Who will make my DECENT cups of Tea I wonder..

Jerry Howlett

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts.

I truly hope that the sufferring will only be to the progress on the layout, but I suspect I will come a close second. :D :D :D

Jerry

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: to hear of Mrs Hs accident and hope the ankle heals quickly ,I'm sure you will look after  her to make up for all the days she has looked after you.
I've never met her but give her my best wishes .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear of Mrs H's accident, Jerry, but found her terms for Alexa hilarious :smiley-laughing:
When the cast is removed please ensure it's destroyed immediately as the last thing you need is Mrs H armed with a plaster club out for revenge on your cooking and care :uneasy:

Bealman

Yes, the Amazon anecdote cracked me up too. I hope she recovers quickly.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 22, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
When the cast is removed please ensure it's destroyed immediately as the last thing you need is Mrs H armed with a plaster club out for revenge on your cooking and care :uneasy:

Sh****   hadn't thought about that one, I have replaced all cutlery with plastic substitutes and relocated the carpentry tools. Now I will have to think of a "Cunning plan" to prevent Mrs "H" keeping this and any future casts as a "Souviner"    Of course I could just be extreemly nice to her but wheres the fun in that ?
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Seriously though thanks to all of you for keeping me on the right side of sanity.
It is at a time like this living away from family and friends hits hard.

Jerry

Mito

With the relatives I've got, I find it an advantage to be living away. I hope Mrs. H gets better quickly and you earn plenty of Brownie Points. :)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

silly moo

I'm feeling a real twit and really feeling my age after slipping on the stairs of our rented house on Monday. Ended up with a very dramatic cut on my ankle and a fractured shoulder.

Was patched by the wonderful NHS at the local hospital. I now have a bandaged ankle and a sling and am no use to man nor beast.

I'm very thankful that it wasn't worse so I'm just left with feeling a really silly.

We are looking for a house - it will be a bungalow.

We lived in our previous house for nearly twenty years, that had stairs and I didn't slip once  :'(

Skyline2uk

Quote from: silly moo on September 26, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
I'm feeling a real twit and really feeling my age after slipping on the stairs of our rented house on Monday. Ended up with a very dramatic cut on my ankle and a fractured shoulder.

Was patched by the wonderful NHS at the local hospital. I now have a bandaged ankle and a sling and am no use to man nor beast.

I'm very thankful that it wasn't worse so I'm just left with feeling a really silly.

We are looking for a house - it will be a bungalow.

We lived in our previous house for nearly twenty years, that had stairs and I didn't slip once  :'(

Most important thing is you are ok.

And I am 33 and have slipped on many things (sometimes even when sober).

Skyline2uk

silly moo

I think I might have bounced better if I'd had a few glasses of wine  :D

Skyline2uk

Quote from: silly moo on September 26, 2018, 11:27:42 AM
I think I might have bounced better if I'd had a few glasses of wine  :D

:laughabovepost:

See, a great excuse to not be sober at home again  :D

Skyline2uk

Jerry Howlett

Veronica, I blame Mrs "H" for not drinking enough on the day of her fall.

Get well soon..

Jerry

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations